Reshade's sharpening filters and TRUE HDR

• oDi
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #1 by oDi Reshade's sharpening filters and TRUE HDR was created by oDi
Hi friends. I am using reshade and i love it , but i discovered a problem and i was wondering if there is a solution . I am playing games like Shadow of War and Battlefield 1 in a Samsung HDR Tv . When i enable the hdr within the games ( i am not talking about reshade's hdr filter , i am talking about true hdr ) and i also enable a sharpening filter ( doesn't matter which , all have the same effect ) , the contrast and colors get distorted in a big way . The white details especially are completely lost and muted . Can we do something about this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• oDi
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #2 by oDi Replied by oDi on topic Reshade's sharpening filters and TRUE HDR
An update . The only sharpening filter that works almost correctly but not entirely ( there is some green tint in some dark scenes , but no white crash or detail crash) is FINESHARP. The problem is that finesharp is also the most frame rate expensive .....

• aaronth07
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #3 by aaronth07 Replied by aaronth07 on topic Reshade's sharpening filters and TRUE HDR
I am wondering the same thing. Most filters don't actually work in HDR, and unfortunately, the main ones that don't work are actually the ones that would be most useful.

EDIT:
Just tested all of the default shaders (and a few non default ones), and these are nearly all of the shaders that work in HDR (out of literally every default shader).
DELC_Sharpen
DPX
Fast Sharpen
FXAA
Image Sharpening
Minimal Color Grading
Fine Sharp
NLM Sharp
Pirate Bloom
Pirate Lumasharpen
Pirate Vibrance
PPFX Bloom
PPFX Godrays
Real Grain
SMAA (Depth Based)
Simple Grain
Tint
Vibrance

And many of these are still affected by the HDR (like the sharpening shaders might sharpen more around bright lights), but they still technically work.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by aaronth07.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.