Can’t get reshade to work with NIOH

• spacebadger
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #1 by spacebadger Can’t get reshade to work with NIOH was created by spacebadger
So I’ve taken all the advice on the steam forums, but either it crashes immidiatly, or it loads for a bit then crashes right before first logo. I have no idea what to do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• robgrab
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #2 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Can’t get reshade to work with NIOH
I had the same problem. Select the DX9 .dll NOT DX10/DX11 like Steam says it is. Works perfectly.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by robgrab.

• spacebadger
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #3 by spacebadger Replied by spacebadger on topic Can’t get reshade to work with NIOH
I’ll try that, even though im pretty sure I’ve done it before. I’ll get back when I try it

• spacebadger
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #4 by spacebadger Replied by spacebadger on topic Can’t get reshade to work with NIOH
No, that still doesn't work. The only time is doesn't crash immediately is when whatever dll im using is named d3d11(in which case it crashes right before first logo), which makes some sense, as every game I have crashes is its named dxgi like normal. It doesn't crash if I use the integrated graphics on my computer, but then it runs terribly. Also, It does not crash if it's windowed. Usually I fix the fullscreen crash on other games by naming it d3d11, but that doesn't work here.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by spacebadger.

• spacebadger
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #5 by spacebadger Replied by spacebadger on topic Can’t get reshade to work with NIOH
I know this problem comes from e using a laptop, but this is the first game that refuses to work with a rename. It loads reshade twice! Even enb injector cant inject reshade into this game

• spacebadger
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #6 by spacebadger Replied by spacebadger on topic Can’t get reshade to work with NIOH
To anyone who sees this, I fixed it by rolling back to reshade 1.1. No version of 3.08 would run. I think this has to do with having a laptop. Other people have had problems with the game, but they coudld fix it by using dx9, either by renaming or using the actual dll's

• Dwill0328
More
6 years 4 months ago #7 by Dwill0328 Replied by Dwill0328 on topic Can’t get reshade to work with NIOH
Weird reshade worked fine for me on nioh. Keep in mind that reshade, steam community in-game, msi afterburner, rivatuner, all do similar things and can clash so try it with steam community in-game disabled and try it again.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.