New versions are applying extreme blur

• ThirdNostril
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #1 by ThirdNostril New versions are applying extreme blur was created by ThirdNostril
To every game with all settings set to zero. 0.11.1.624 works with every game thus far though but I would like to know what could be causing this. Another bug I've ran into today is reshade capturing pitch black screenshots in alien isolation.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by ThirdNostril.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• paxton676
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #2 by paxton676 Replied by paxton676 on topic New versions are applying extreme blur
Sounds like you are mix matching old/new shader packs with old/new Reshade. I made that mistake once and everything was blurred.

The shaders are being updated too so you should use the exact ones that come with the exact version of Reshade you are using.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic New versions are applying extreme blur
Old MasterEffect has a bug, which unfortunately worked with ReShade, but no longer does. Update your MasterEffect =).

• ThirdNostril
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #4 by ThirdNostril Replied by ThirdNostril on topic New versions are applying extreme blur
I am just using the reshade 16.0 + sweetfx package and running the setup tool. Run the game and everything is blurred so I drop the older version of the dll and everything works fine.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic New versions are applying extreme blur
First make sure there is no leftover from MasterEffect (delete any ReShade.fx from the game folder). Also make sure you don't force any sort of AA through the driver, NVIDIA inspector or similar.

• ThirdNostril
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #6 by ThirdNostril Replied by ThirdNostril on topic New versions are applying extreme blur
Ok, I'm having this kind of moment right now

I deleted reshade.fx and the latest reshade build loads up, but now I'm asking myself how do I now enable things like filmicpass and others?

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic New versions are applying extreme blur
SweetFX/SweetFX_settings.txt

• ThirdNostril
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #8 by ThirdNostril Replied by ThirdNostril on topic New versions are applying extreme blur
Please bear with me crosire

How do I get back the option to have things like dof, filmicpass and other since they're not present in sweetfx_settings?

• ThirdNostril
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #9 by ThirdNostril Replied by ThirdNostril on topic New versions are applying extreme blur
Ok I think I got it. I added MasterEffect and have all the options back but screenshots aren't being saved or they come out all black

Edit: Screenshots are not supported for backbuffer format 24. I just found ceejay's explanation on this though I'm wondering how there are screenshots of Alien Isolation running reshade with mastereffect like this sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3114/
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by ThirdNostril.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.