[SOLVED] Far Cry 5 crash at menu load with SLI enabled

• Bishi
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Bishi Far Cry 5 crash at menu load with SLI enabled was created by Bishi
Reshade 3.1.1 (i've tried other 3.x and no change).
Without SLI is OK but with SLI it crashes at the menu and get these errors in the log:

Log:
pastebin.com/qsC66tZ4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Uncle Crassius
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #2 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Far Cry 5 crash at menu load with SLI enabled
Slightly OT: Did you manage to get access to the depth buffer? Not working for me. Now that I think of it, should try Thalixte's dll, didn't work for FC4 before that, too.

• Bishi
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #3 by Bishi Replied by Bishi on topic Far Cry 5 crash at menu load with SLI enabled
Oh first ive heard of a modified DLL

• Uncle Crassius
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #4 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Far Cry 5 crash at menu load with SLI enabled
See this thread: reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/4083...tion?start=140#26906
Unfortunatley I just tried it out and it seems it's being blocked by some anti cheat protection program.

• KING2882000
More
6 years 1 week ago #5 by KING2882000 Replied by KING2882000 on topic Far Cry 5 crash at menu load with SLI enabled
I have the same problem. Is there any solution yet?

• robgrab
More
6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #6 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Far Cry 5 crash at menu load with SLI enabled
It might be driver-related. There are a lot of people complaining on the Geforce Forums who aren't using Reshade.
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by robgrab.

• shadow85
More
6 years 5 days ago - 6 years 5 days ago #7 by shadow85 Replied by shadow85 on topic Far Cry 5 crash at menu load with SLI enabled
It's an issue with Ubisoft and or Nvidia.

It does this on all the Ubisoft games I have tried, not only Far Cry 5.
I have tried Watch Dogs 2 and GR Wildlands with Reshade+SLi enabled, and it will always crash from a menu load until one of Reshade or SLi is disabled.

It only happens with Ubisoft games, I have been playing MEA, Witcher 3, Doom (2016) with Reshade+SLi and they do not exhibit any crashing!
Last edit: 6 years 5 days ago by shadow85.

• Skinner
More
5 years 10 months ago #8 by Skinner Replied by Skinner on topic Far Cry 5 crash at menu load with SLI enabled
Yep same here, also on the new 1.07 patch :(

• Oll
More
4 years 5 months ago #9 by Oll Replied by Oll on topic Far Cry 5 crash at menu load with SLI enabled
Same here.

SLI without Reshade => Farcry5 works!
Reshade without SLI => Farcry5 works!
Reshade (all version 3.0.6 to 4.4.1) + SLI => Farcray5 crash on profil detection (Intros works)

Same thing with Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands. Exactly same!

With Steep, Reshade + SLI work fine!
Trials all games Reshade + SLI work fine!

Its not for all Ubisoft Games!

Thalixte or Crosire, if you want some tips or ideas, i'm ready.

• Skinner
More
4 years 5 months ago #10 by Skinner Replied by Skinner on topic Far Cry 5 crash at menu load with SLI enabled

Oll wrote: Same here.

SLI without Reshade => Farcry5 works!
Reshade without SLI => Farcry5 works!
Reshade (all version 3.0.6 to 4.4.1) + SLI => Farcray5 crash on profil detection (Intros works)

Same thing with Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands. Exactly same!

With Steep, Reshade + SLI work fine!
Trials all games Reshade + SLI work fine!

Its not for all Ubisoft Games!

Thalixte or Crosire, if you want some tips or ideas, i'm ready.

Yes its stil freeze and then crash. I had Wildlands working a while ago, wil look again if it still works.

• Skinner
More
4 years 4 months ago #11 by Skinner Replied by Skinner on topic Far Cry 5 crash at menu load with SLI enabled
Working now with SLI with the the latest version, many thanks!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.