Weird behavior in Alwa's Awakening

• arrowflash
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #1 by arrowflash Weird behavior in Alwa's Awakening was created by arrowflash
I'm using ReShade in Alwa's Awakening to create a CRT effect (same presets I use in several other games such as Shantae Risky's Revenge, Shantae Pirate's Curse, Freedom Planet, Shovel Knight), and I'm getting a few weird effects and behavior. I use a combination of ChromaticAberration.fx, Colourfulness.fx, CRT.fx, GaussianBlur.fx and LumaSharpen.fx to achieve my intended look.

This game uses weird non-standard resolutions (options are 800x480, 1024x720, and 1600x960), and the image is slightly pillarboxed on widescreen monitors.

First, this is how the game normally looks like without loading ReShade:

Now, this is how it looks like with ReShade loaded and effects enabled. Notice the weird stuff on the borders:

Now, if I use the shortcut key to disable all effects while on ReShade, this happens. The image gets slightly squashed horizontally and screws up the aspect ratio, besides showing even more weird rainbows on the sides. If I re-enable the effects, the aspect ratio goes back to how it's supposed to be (but the weird colors on the side remain):

Another weird ReShade behavior on this game, is that every time there is a screen change (like when you start a new game from the intro screen, when you access the inventory menu in-game, or when the game change maps), the shaders reload and I see a slight pause where the effects get disabled. Never seen this in any other game.

The only abnormal thing I've found on dxgi.log (despite having NES graphics, Alwa's Awakening is a dx11 game) was this:

21:51:41:922 [04076] | INFO | Compiling 'reshade-shaders\Shaders\CRT.fx' ...
21:51:42:000 [04076] | WARN | > Successfully compiled with warnings:
E:\games\Alwas Awakening\Shader@0x11992220(96,9-48): warning X4008: floating point division by zero
E:\games\Alwas Awakening\Shader@0x11992220(96,9-48): warning X4008: floating point division by zero

I tried disabling the AdvancedCRT shader since it's the only one showing errors in the log, but it didn't solve anything.

Anyone has any ideas? Not even expecting a solution but more of a bug report.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.