Latest Reshade and newest Dolphin

• Ghoster
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #1 by Ghoster Latest Reshade and newest Dolphin was created by Ghoster
Hello, I am trying to use the latest reshade with the latest dolphin but for some reason it doesn't work.

if I install newest reshade with and old version of dolphin 5.0-6865 then it works fine.

I hope anyone can help me with this!! reshade install fine but doesn't show up in latest emulator.

when it works in the old one it auto shows that its been loaded while in the newest 5.0-82.. it just doesn't even load.

Any help will be appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ghoster
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #2 by Ghoster Replied by Ghoster on topic Latest Reshade and newest Dolphin
Anyone that can help me?

• Ghoster
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #3 by Ghoster Replied by Ghoster on topic Latest Reshade and newest Dolphin
Hello, if I posted this in a wrong section , can someone please move it to the correct one?

I really need help, getting reshade to work :(

• Uncle Crassius
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #4 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Latest Reshade and newest Dolphin
Correct section but probably noone has a clue (myself included). Maybe they changed around some file paths, maybe they changed the code so much it just won't work together anymore, hard to say. Does the log file say anything noteworthy?
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Uncle Crassius.

• Ghoster
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #5 by Ghoster Replied by Ghoster on topic Latest Reshade and newest Dolphin
Hello there,

there is not log file as reshade doesn't even load when I fire up the emulator in the new ones.

in the old version the log is there:

20:22:31:868 [14788] | INFO | Initializing crosire's ReShade version '3.4.0.346' (64-bit) built on '2018-06-24 16:13:00' loaded from 'C:\Users\Ghoster\Desktop\Dolphin-x64\dxgi.dll' to 'C:\Users\Ghoster\Desktop\Dolphin-x64\Dolphin.exe' ...

and loads fine as soon as emulator is on. was hoping to see if anyone got it working in the latest version , or maybe comparing the 2 exe which is something i can't do , since i really don't know much about it.

• thalixte
More
5 years 9 months ago #6 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Latest Reshade and newest Dolphin
I might say something stupid, but reshade v3.40.346 is not the latest version ?

• Ghoster
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #7 by Ghoster Replied by Ghoster on topic Latest Reshade and newest Dolphin
yeah 3.40 is the latest but I also have try other versions in latest dolphin and doesn't work :(

btw, I know is not reshade, they changed something in the dolphin exe / QtPlugins folder in the latest versions
that avoid reshade to load, I was hoping someone will know or find a fix !!
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Ghoster.

• Ghoster
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #8 by Ghoster Replied by Ghoster on topic Latest Reshade and newest Dolphin
New dolphin has an option in enhancements called "Post-Processing Effects"
is greyed out saying DX11 doesn't support this feature!!

in the other older version, that option is not present and rechade works

can it be something releated to that?

• Ghoster
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #9 by Ghoster Replied by Ghoster on topic Latest Reshade and newest Dolphin
This forum was my last hope, I guess no-one have it working with latest dolphin,
because how dolphin have changed I will assume?.

:(

• Ghoster
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #10 by Ghoster Replied by Ghoster on topic Latest Reshade and newest Dolphin
After a lot testing and checking I found out the very last dolphin version
where reshade worked. Maybe someone knowledgeable can still help me.

"dolphin-master-5.0-7060-x64" last version where reshade loads!

next version "5.0-7062" shows this = [RFC] Qt/Wx: Turn Qt into the default interface

from that version and on , reshade doesn't load!

Any help or info will be appreciated!!

• JBeckman
More
5 years 9 months ago #11 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Latest Reshade and newest Dolphin
Yeah they removed the aging WX interface in favor of one based on QT instead.

If changing the name of the ReShade .dll doesn't work (DXGI.dll, D3D11.dll, D3D9.dll or OpenGL32.dll) it might work if you set Dolphin to create a separate display window for the game when that's started and ReShade might be able to hook into this instead but that's just a suggestion.

• Ghoster
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #12 by Ghoster Replied by Ghoster on topic Latest Reshade and newest Dolphin
Hello there JBeckman, I know your nick from other forums and I am glad and grateful that you take the time to try to help me!
unfortunately I am a "noob" about all this and I don't know how to do that :(

I have tried the .dll name but still , it doesn't load up when newest emulator starts! 5.0-8XX

in the last version that works for me = dolphin-master-5.0-7060-x64 , the WX exe is not present and latest reshade works fine.

Can you tell me how to do it with the separate window? or tell me if you have tried and worked? if you get the chance!
Thanks in advanced!

• JBeckman
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #13 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Latest Reshade and newest Dolphin
Sorry about that, I haven't used Dolphin much myself lately and some of the layout has probably changed. :)

I would use D3D11 / DirectX 11 and have ReShade64.dll named as DXGI.dll in the main Dolphin folder together with Dolphin.exe
If possible latest compiled version from here for the emulator itself: en.dolphin-emu.org/download/

Once started the Options drop-down menu and then Graphics Options is where we'll start. :)
Now I prefer low-level API usage so that's generally Vulkan but since we're trying to get ReShade working the first is to ensure Direct 3D 11 is selected here since that's what we'll try using for ReShade.
However OpenGL is also OK, OpenGL32.dll is what you'd name the ReShade64.dll file into if this API is used.
(Which one you'll ultimately want will entirely depend on performance and features plus of course any visual glitches, I prefer D3D over OGL but I am on a AMD GPU so that means OGL is slower than on a NVIDIA GPU thus Vulkan or D3D being used instead.)

Render to Main Windows should be the option I'm thinking of, either it's changed or I'm not remembering it right because as I thought it worked Dolphin renders in the same window as the rest of the emulator and what I was thinking of was having it spawn a separate window to render into as the game is started and this then re-initializes the graphics API of choice and loads ReShade's .dll file in the process. :)

Though it might still be worth testing with the option ticked and see how that works.
You could laso test either of these with the Use Fullscreen option a b it above that one.

Ideally for max performance we'd want fullscreen though, under the Advanced tab and the misc category the borderless option can mimic the same window mode but it's not the same functionality wise and thus performance could differ. (That said emulation is mainly a CPU limitation but the GPU does play a role particularly if using scaling modifiers and other enhancements.)

Also as a performance measure Asynchronous (UberShader) can be tagged if you have a reasonably powerful GPU, higher end GPU's can even tag Synchronous to use the UberShaders exclusively but I'd start with async which is less taxing but still beneficial. (When this does what it should stuttering should lessen when it's working with game shaders.)
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by JBeckman.

• Ghoster
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #14 by Ghoster Replied by Ghoster on topic Latest Reshade and newest Dolphin
Hello again JBeckman,
It took me a while to try what you suggested because I am a super noob at this :)

After careful reading the steps, I managed to try them all and reshade simple doesn't load in newest versions of dolphin at all! dolphin-master-5.0-8414-x64
I have always use 3D11 and the name of the .dll are always correct " dxgi.dll " , I did try opengl once to see if reshade load but it didn't either with latest dolphin!

I have a good gpu 1080ti, so I tried all those recommendation you wrote, but with not luck!
I have reached the end of google, trying to see if someone have reshade working with dolphin version 5.0-8xx but haven't find anyone!

I really appreciate you trying to help me in this matter!!

• Derek
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #15 by Derek Replied by Derek on topic Latest Reshade and newest Dolphin
Try the unofficial Dolphin, ishiiruka, it may work. Dolphin ishiiruka is similar to the original Dolphin but with shaders and other nice graphic features like normal mapping and rim lighting.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Derek.

• Ghoster
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #16 by Ghoster Replied by Ghoster on topic Latest Reshade and newest Dolphin
Thank you for that suggestion, I will check that one too.
can't see to find what version is based on. I will check

• Derek
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #17 by Derek Replied by Derek on topic Latest Reshade and newest Dolphin
It should come up on Dolphin forums when you look up "Dolphin Ishiiruka" on Google. Yeah if you care about graphics use this version of Dolphin because it puts a lot of focus into graphics and it has features that the original Dolphin just doesn't have. I can show screenshot examples if you need, reshade is working for me with it.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Derek.

• JBeckman
More
5 years 9 months ago #18 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Latest Reshade and newest Dolphin
forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-unofficial...lphin-custom-version

Latest version is from May 6th so it might not have removed the WX interface and thus should still be compatible with ReShade.
Strange that it's failing to load at all though, wonder if the .dll has to be placed elsewhere or if it's related to something else entirely.

• Ghoster
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #19 by Ghoster Replied by Ghoster on topic Latest Reshade and newest Dolphin
I tried and yes reshade works with that one, weird right!!!

However it says version 1063 , so I don't know what that means!

JBeckman I think I see what you mean, in the versions that works, they all have 2 exes
I will assume the non Qt2 exe is the WX? even though it doesn't say WX?.

in the latest versions that doesn't work, it's only one exe. and doesn't say qt2 or wx

Derek, I will keep playing more with the settings in the Dolphin Ishiiruka, while it does works, I notice some options were working a bit weird
like lumasharpen, put the whole emulator screen like greyed out. However reshade does works!! :)

Thank you both for the help and for all that information, I will keep checking to see if it works in upcoming normal versions.

• deton244
More
5 years 5 months ago #20 by deton244 Replied by deton244 on topic Latest Reshade and newest Dolphin
Along with Ishiruka Dolphin and Reshade installed as OpenGL everything works, but what is more interesting, it not requires OpenGL renderer set in emulator, but it also works when DX11 is chosen, and Reshade works in DX11 mode then (checked).

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.