Can't turn ReShade effects on without Overlay

• strawberrycream
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #1 by strawberrycream Can't turn ReShade effects on without Overlay was created by strawberrycream
I've just recently encountered this and am pretty stumped on how to get it to stop, since i tried almost everything i can think of.
I Use ReShade in FFXIV, and up until about an hour or so ago it was working fine, but now its not.
It won't let me Toggle effects when the ReShade Overlay isnt up, which is kind of annoying when taking screenshots, since i cant see like half of the screen with the overlay on. (I know i can just resize it, but its not really optimal to resize it over and over to fix settings and stuff)
Ive tried changing keybinds, restarting the game, reinstalling ReShade, restarting my computer, etc and none of it helped. Reinstalling it fixed it for about 10 minutes or so but then stopped working again.
I'm now at a loss for what else to do to fix this.... :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tojkar
More
5 years 8 months ago #2 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic Can't turn ReShade effects on without Overlay
Have you accidentally set the hotkeys for both, toggle and config screen, the same?

• strawberrycream
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #3 by strawberrycream Replied by strawberrycream on topic Can't turn ReShade effects on without Overlay
i have not :o i made sure they are different, plus im able to toggle it on and off perfectly fine with the overlay up
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by strawberrycream.

• strawberrycream
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #4 by strawberrycream Replied by strawberrycream on topic Can't turn ReShade effects on without Overlay
im very confused but i think i found something out with my ReShade....
when i have the Tint effect turned off, i cant toggle my effects on and off without the overlay, but when i have Tint turned on, i can.
I don't understand it at all or if its like that with other effects but.. it really doesnt make any sense O.O

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.