Reshade crashes when using Nvidia laptop card

• mugenpacifist
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #1 by mugenpacifist Reshade crashes when using Nvidia laptop card was created by mugenpacifist
I have a Dell XPS 15 9560 with Intel HD Graphics 630 GPU and nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 and 16GB of RAM. When I use Reshade on MUGEN 1.1 , using my Nvidia GTX, MUGEN crashes without opening. To avoid this I either have to run MUGEN without reshade, run reshade after disabling the Intel 630, in which case reshade will work with MUGEN on my laptop's screen but not an external monitor, or run MUGEN from the Intel 630 under max performance, in which case it will work from either my laptop screen or external monitor. The latter is the easiest solution but is limited in that I can't use more than one shader (e.g. CRT) without getting a FPS drop from 60 to 30 FPS.

This problem doesn't exist on my old Dell XPS 15z, which had Intel HD 3000 for internal graphics and a nvidia GeForce GT 525M. Both use Windows 10 build 1803.

Is there something about the way reshade works with the new nvidia GTX 1050 card?

BTW, I made sure all drivers were updated both from Dell and then, when that didn't do anything, from nvidia and intel. Also, every other game I use (e.g. STEAM games, MAME, Retroarch, demul) works well using the nvidia card, and MUGEN works as well without reshade. It's just reshade and mugen together won't start from the gtx 1050 card.

Am I missing something here? Is this something the might be corrected in a future release? Thanks for any light anyone can shed on this!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ChrisXPZ
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #2 by ChrisXPZ Replied by ChrisXPZ on topic Reshade crashes when using Nvidia laptop card
I'm having a very similar issue including the external screen thing, I assume it has something to do with Open GL and the fact that the Nvidia card has to run though the integrated graphics to work, I assume that running through an external monitor bypasses the intel chip. For something like Mugen though you should be able to run it using onboard intel graphics instead of your dedicated graphics card so that should probably fix your issue.

Unfortunatly my issue is with something a little more graphically demanding so it doesn't really work for me to use the intel integrated graphics :P
I have more information about the issue that likely relates to yours as well as some diagnostic info though it's probably more of a s̶h̶a̶m̶e̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ shameful plug for my own forum cry for help post than anything else lol:
reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/4575-re...condlife-on-a-laptop
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by ChrisXPZ.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.