[SOLVED] World of Warcraft Depth buffer flicker

• Kuhlmann
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #1 by Kuhlmann World of Warcraft Depth buffer flicker was created by Kuhlmann
Is there any solution to the depth flicker that happens in wow?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic World of Warcraft Depth buffer flicker
ReShade disables depth access in multiplayer games (i.e. when ReShade detects network activity from the game) to prevent cheating. So each time WoW produces traffic, your depth buffer is disabled. Nothing you can do about that since custom ReShade builds that don't contain this safeguard don't get whitelisted by anticheat software.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Marty McFly.

• tsilliev
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #3 by tsilliev Replied by tsilliev on topic World of Warcraft Depth buffer flicker
Posting for other wow players to see, my issue was:

in-game wow options - video - effects - full screen glow effect, located at the bottom.
Although now the depth field is constantly black but at least not moving/flickering, not sure if I have 3D now, hmm.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by tsilliev.

• spaulding
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #4 by spaulding Replied by spaulding on topic World of Warcraft Depth buffer flicker
Upping this thread because I noticed the same problem. I'm playing WoW offline with this solo mod : www.ac-web.org/forums/showthread.php?232...ly-Repack-with-Eluna and the depth buffer is flickering.

If it's an anticheat safeguard I understand it but I'm not even playing the game online, even with ethernet cable unplugged the flickering persists. It's frustrating because the RTGI shader works really well with this game.

I've tried disabling full screen glow effect but that didn't do anything.

edit: found a workaround online
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by spaulding.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.