Repeatable crash bug

• Martigen
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #1 by Martigen Repeatable crash bug was created by Martigen
Hey Crosire,

I appear to have stumbled on a crash bug -- it's occurred so far on five different games, so it's not the games -- and the system is largely repeatable: it has been happening after enabling/disabling a number of different shaders (trying them out, as you do) for which after about 20 or so toggles the game CTDs. In some cases, reloading the game then immediately CTDs with that last configuration right as Reshade finishes compiling the shaders (as it reaches '1'). If Reshade is removed, the game starts fine.

Of note if it's relevant, I'm using a central repository that loads some 60 shaders and the texture binding limit is at its max (a few shaders don't load as a result, but they're ones I only use occasionally -- like UI masking -- and just rename them to prioritize them if I need to). I have a feeling it could be related to this, but a detailed log will reveal I'm sure. It could also be a bad shader perhaps, but I haven't kept track if it's the same shader or different ones when the CTD occurs. The last time this occured toggling Vibrance caused the CTD, but Vibrance is about as basic as it gets for a shader (and I checked the file to make sure it wasn't corrupted, looks fine).

I now have a config for a game which CTDs as soon as Reshade finishes loading, so I have a repeatable source. What was the special file name to provide detailed crash logs for Reshade?
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Martigen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Repeatable crash bug
The detailed log thing does not exist anymore. But if you can get me that config then I can try and reproduce the crash on my system to fix it.

• Martigen
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #3 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Repeatable crash bug
Here it is. I've bundled my Shaders and Textures directories so you can re-create with the same setup, just might have to edit the inis for the paths (note I renamed XCOM2.ini to XCOM2 - crash.ini so this won't even load without editing paths).

ufile.io/4ewjs

(8M file)

This was with XCOM 2. See the original post above for notes. In this config Vibrance is not currently toggled, and doing so causes the CTD (to the extent that the ini file isn't even updated before the CTD).
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Martigen.

• crosire
More
5 years 5 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Repeatable crash bug
Was able to reproduce. This is caused by too many texture bindings being active at the same time (131, the D3D11 limit is 128). This will no longer be an issue in upcoming ReShade 4 since ReShade no longer shares texture bindings for all effects there, but instead uses separate bindings for each effect.

• Martigen
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #5 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Repeatable crash bug
Awesome!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.