[SOLVED] Silent Hill 2 Reshade is Stuck at Startup

• RealCharacter
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #1 by RealCharacter Silent Hill 2 Reshade is Stuck at Startup was created by RealCharacter
Started Silent Hill 2 Enhanced and now I'm stuck at loading the game at start up. I tried re-installing all the patches and once I put in the ReShade patch I can't access the game. Last I played it was about 3 weeks ago, so I'm not sure as to why I can't play it now.

Currently the game is stuck at "Loading (4 Effects Remaining)..." and I can't find a way around it or to push through it.
Any suggestions? I had to cancel a stream because of this.

Thanks
Real

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Silent Hill 2 Reshade is Stuck at Startup
Could be be an effect for causing a driver crash. Try to delete the fourth file from the bottom in the reshade-shaders\Shaders folder in your game directory.

• seagull
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #3 by seagull Replied by seagull on topic Silent Hill 2 Reshade is Stuck at Startup
Hello, I have the same problem.
I've been speaking with the devs of the Silent Hill 2 Enhancement Pack – here is my thread  – but after looking through my log files they have been unable to pinpoint any issue.

In my instance, whether Silent Hill 2 will launch at all is a crapshoot, much like OP. Maybe 1 time in every 15 it'll launch properly, and when it does it looks fantastic.
Removing all the .fx shaders in the reshade-shaders\Shaders directory causes it to launch perfectly every time, although this is naturally a fairly pointless solution.
I've tried the various compatibility options like starting as an Administrator etc., nothing seems to provide consistent results.

Removing and chopping-and-changing the .fx files around so different combinations are loaded seems to yield no significant results. Even with only one FX shader in the folder, starting the game is still just as tenuous as with four shaders.

The logs from d3d8.dll and d3d9.dll are there in that GitHub thread; let me know if you would like to re-post them or if there is any additional information I can provide.
Cheers – seagull
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by seagull.

• crosire
More
4 years 5 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Silent Hill 2 Reshade is Stuck at Startup
4.4 fixes a freeze issue during reloading, which might be the one described here. Please try the update and check if it works now.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.