[SOLVED] Shader Paths no longer automatically found in 4.0

• a1chera_
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #1 by a1chera_ Shader Paths no longer automatically found in 4.0 was created by a1chera_
By default when using the Reshade Installer it configs the Effect and Texture search paths to the following:

.\reshade-shaders\Shaders
.\reshade-shaders\Textures

The result is this:

Setting the paths to the FULL directory path fixes this:

D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe\reshade-shaders\Shaders
D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe\reshade-shaders\Textures

Not sure if this was intended or just a bug. The only tweak with my installation is I have to set the dxgi.dll to read only in order for it to work with warframe. So perhaps that is why this is occurring?
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by a1chera_.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Shader Paths no longer automatically found in 4.0
The game changes the working directory to something that is not the folder ReShade was installed to. ReShade doesn't handle that case for relative search paths. I'll have that fixed with the next update.

• a1chera_
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #3 by a1chera_ Replied by a1chera_ on topic Shader Paths no longer automatically found in 4.0

crosire wrote: The game changes the working directory to something that is not the folder ReShade was installed to. ReShade doesn't handle that case for relative search paths. I'll have that fixed with the next update.

Interesting. I thought the .\ before the folder name meant that it searches for the folder where ReShade was installed. Or maybe I forgot that in ReShade 3.0 it would point to the full directory path without the .\ before it? This is what my game folder looks like.

Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by a1chera_.

• crosire
More
5 years 5 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Shader Paths no longer automatically found in 4.0
Update to 4.0.2. It will work as you expected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlueSkyKnight, a1chera_

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.