4.0 CTD on FFXIV

• MissEbil
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #1 by MissEbil 4.0 CTD on FFXIV was created by MissEbil
I recently tried to update to the latest version of ReShade and since then, I am no longer able to run it at all on FFXIV. Every time I do, the game just crashes to desktop with this error:

I'm running Windows 10 and DX12, I have disabled all of the overlays that I can think might be not helping. I have tried the dll file injector in the common problems thread, checked for driver updates, checked DirectX and even installed DX11 and I have even completely uninstalled and re-installed both the game and ReShade just to make sure and I'm completely lost now.
I'm pretty sure that it's something wrong with my laptop and not ReShade, as the old version I had that was working, 3.4.x will not install and work either.
I'm grateful for any advice or suggestions. Anything else you need to know, please let me know and I will update this post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• seri14
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #2 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic 4.0 CTD on FFXIV
why timestamp of error is old?
please upload screenshot by yourself or paste.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by seri14.

• MissEbil
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #3 by MissEbil Replied by MissEbil on topic 4.0 CTD on FFXIV
It's old because it is from when I started to get the error. The same error is still occurring.
The screenshot is mine, I can assure you.

• seri14
More
5 years 4 months ago #4 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic 4.0 CTD on FFXIV
I do not think error is matched.
Take screenshot, or copy messagebox and paste here.

• MissEbil
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #5 by MissEbil Replied by MissEbil on topic 4.0 CTD on FFXIV

I have just taken that 30 seconds ago. I don't know why the date is different, my OS clock is correct.

• MissEbil
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #6 by MissEbil Replied by MissEbil on topic 4.0 CTD on FFXIV
Looking into this more, I think the problem lies with my version of Windows and it seems I'm not the only one. Bloody Microshaft.
Even with no ReShade, I get these errors when exiting the FFXIV client.

Seems there's not much I can do apart from to try some fresh installs or an OS rollback. JOY.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.