Quake 3 mme reShade

• spawnsen
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #1 by spawnsen Quake 3 mme reShade was created by spawnsen
hey guys, hey crosire!

I just discovered the reShade project and I love it :D
endless options to manipulate the output gfx is just my cup of tea.
still got some (a lot) learning to do, sure, but there's one
thing where I don't seem to be able to make progress at all.

it's q3mme - a movie maker version of the famous game, fantastic tool to create recams and stuff.
I can just load the normal q3mme and watch demos with the typical reShade ui and every filter works...

but if I start rendering videos via q3mme in capture mode
(the game itself isn't visible, everything works with .cfg files, no input by me needed)
no filter is present on the output.avi

I've been fiddling around the half day but nothing worked so far,
maybe someone has an idea?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 4 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Quake 3 mme reShade
ReShade applies after the game/application has finished rendering. You won't be able to get it into videos that way (since the video image is captured before ReShade is applied). Only option to capture ReShade effects on video is to use something like NVIDIA ShadowPlay or OBS (any sort of overlay) and hope that it happens to be injected *after* ReShade. Because then the video is captured after ReShade has finished and thus the effects are in it.

• spawnsen
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #3 by spawnsen Replied by spawnsen on topic Quake 3 mme reShade
makes sense! :/

thanks for the quick response!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.