Building 4.1 issues

• bluechipps
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #1 by bluechipps Building 4.1 issues was created by bluechipps
Hey I believe I have tried everything possible to get reshade to build on my Windows 7 machine and am looking for any suggestions. I've got Windows SDK 10.0.17763.132 installed and the required hotfix mentioned here under Additional System Requirements developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/windows-10-sdk

I have tried retargetting the VS solution with different SDK versions with no success. Just not sure what could be the problem but whatever it is, it gives me about 800+ errors when trying to build :( link to error log below. Any help would be much appreciated

pastebin.com/raw/j9yQCj30
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by bluechipps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• thalixte
More
5 years 2 months ago #2 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Building 4.1 issues
Have you tried to install the lastest Visual Studio Community 2017 release ? Solved that pb for me.

• bluechipps
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #3 by bluechipps Replied by bluechipps on topic Building 4.1 issues
Yep that did the trick for some reason, thanks a bunch

Now I'm trying to get the setup built properly but so far anytime i run setup and try to target a game exe it gives the message... "Unable to write file... Central Directory Corrupt". I've built the release configurations for release and release app for both architectures successfully. I don't see any zip files or dlls anywhere though in the output directories, where does the setup get those from in order to install them during setup process?
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by bluechipps.

• bluechipps
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #4 by bluechipps Replied by bluechipps on topic Building 4.1 issues
Anyone have any suggestions on whats causing the corrupt directory error?

• seri14
More
5 years 2 months ago #5 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic Building 4.1 issues
Check build log

• seri14
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #6 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic Building 4.1 issues
If you want to see an example of successful build log,
see ci.appveyor.com/project/seri14/reshade/b...1913309?fullLog=true

check these items
  1. Did you get Python by yourself (not from Visual Studio Installer) and install it?
  2. Check submodules exists in repository.
  3. Check tools\verbuild is executable. (It requires MSVCP Runtime)
  4. Build "32bit", "64bit" and "Setup" in this order.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by seri14.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.