[SOLVED] GTAV Crash to Desktop with all version of 4.1

• Quasar3210
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #1 by Quasar3210 GTAV Crash to Desktop with all version of 4.1 was created by Quasar3210
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and a bit baffled. I have been using reshade in my GTA V install since V 3.4. Updated it to 4.02 with no issues and used it for many months. Now I have updated to 4.1.0 and it instantly started crashing to desktop on load in. Completely removed ENB and reshade and reinstalled, this time noticing 4.1.1 update was release. It immedately crashes to desktop on full clean reinstall. This time I only removed reshade but not the ENB files and my game runs perfectly. I am using the directx10+ option for install. Can anyone help me fix this? Is 4.02 available to download temporarily to see if that works nornally again?

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Skakunk3
More
5 years 2 months ago #2 by Skakunk3 Replied by Skakunk3 on topic GTAV Crash to Desktop with all version of 4.1

• Quasar3210
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #3 by Quasar3210 Replied by Quasar3210 on topic GTAV Crash to Desktop with all version of 4.1
Thank you for the link. So if I completely uninstall reshade 4.1.1 and load my game it runs perfectly. Then I installed 4.02 which used to work perfect and i get continuous crashes to desktop. I also removed all traces of ENB and reshade verified files to make sure everything was back to stock and game ran perfectly. Put back in reshade and 4.02 and crashes to desktop. Will keep messing with it, I have to be missing something. This has always worked perfectly for me.

• Quasar3210
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #4 by Quasar3210 Replied by Quasar3210 on topic GTAV Crash to Desktop with all version of 4.1
This is solved.. it was my trial to Malwarebytes premium messing with Reshade. I had the installer file set to be excluded but i guess never excluded the actual files. I uninstalled it because the trial ended proceeded to get 27 steam game updates and my game works again.... needless to say i wont be subscribing to malwarebytes...

• JBeckman
More
5 years 2 months ago #5 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic GTAV Crash to Desktop with all version of 4.1
Ah the usual with the problem some software has against non signed .DLL files I guess, set a exclusion for ReShade.exe(7-zip container now, no idea if that sets off additional triggers with how extremely aggressive some software is against certain threats though it's not always a bad thing as such.) and then it still tags the respective .dll when these are injecting into the program I suppose.

Unfortunately it can take a while for the definition files to be updated against newer releases from 4.0 to 4.1 and now 4.1.1 starting the process all over again since it won't match the older whitelisted files. :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.