Resident Evil 2 Remake crashes [kinda solved]

• Uncle Crassius
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #1 by Uncle Crassius Resident Evil 2 Remake crashes [kinda solved] was created by Uncle Crassius
Wondering if that's happening for anybody else. 4.1.1 hooks fine and lets me tweak everything using only qUINT. After about 10 minutes it crashes with this error message:
Driver's up to date (1080ti). Wonder if it's the card slowly dying.

Edit: Narrowed it down to the latest version while using qUINT MXAO. Regular MXAO is working fine. So if anyone's encountering similar problems just switch shaders.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Uncle Crassius.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JBeckman
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #2 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Resident Evil 2 Remake crashes [kinda solved]
The game is HDR capable and as a result it is using 10 bit isn't it?
Removing the little adjustment in Quint's .FX file setting it down to 8 bit for compatibility might work if so.

Eventually whatever reason that has should probably be fixed in ReShade proper and taken out of Quint for compatibility for games using 10-bit but that's a bit above my tech knowledge so I can't give a solid answer as to what reason this needs to be utilized at all though I don't know if ReShade properly supports 10-bit in the first place though I know screenshots will turn out as pink in titles using it even if ReShade works so maybe partially at best?

EDIT: No wait that wasn't strictly ReShade but a Win10 issue and some systems ending up with the OS thinking HDR was enabled if I'm remembering it right.
(Even without going into the display settings and toggling HDR to on.)
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by JBeckman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.