Resident evil 2 crash at start with reshade

• Luke76bg
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #1 by Luke76bg Resident evil 2 crash at start with reshade was created by Luke76bg
Hi people, i hope someone can help me, i can't get Reshade to work with the game, with the demo was working perfectly, when i launch the game, the window appear, i see the reshade writing in the left edge of the screen and the window close itself. I'm using dx11 with a 7950 gpu, i used reshade with the demo without any problem! Any clue ?
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Luke76bg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• matsilagi
More
5 years 2 months ago #2 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic Resident evil 2 crash at start with reshade
Seems like their lovely DRM conflicting with ReShade.

• Luke76bg
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #3 by Luke76bg Replied by Luke76bg on topic Resident evil 2 crash at start with reshade
Denuvo ? Really ? Damn! I'm trying older versions and for example 3.1.1 and it worked but lumasharpen was so basic, without the option to increase the strenght! Now i'm trying more recent versions to see what is the last one correctly working! Stupid Drm!!!!

The last version working is 3.1.2, with the 3.2 the game close immediately like with the last 4.1.1 :(

• matsilagi
More
5 years 2 months ago #4 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic Resident evil 2 crash at start with reshade

Luke76bg wrote: Denuvo ? Really ? Damn! I'm trying older versions and for example 3.1.1 and it worked but lumasharpen was so basic, without the option to increase the strenght! Now i'm trying more recent versions to see what is the last one correctly working! Stupid Drm!!!!

The last version working is 3.1.2, with the 3.2 the game close immediately like with the last 4.1.1 :(

Well, Crosire might explain better, but something on the injection code might have changed between 3.1.2 and 3.2, making so it access "protected" parts of the memory.
I can't pinpoint if its 100% Denuvo, but since some versions load and others doesn't, + the time it crashes, makes me believe it is the DRM.

• Luke76bg
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #5 by Luke76bg Replied by Luke76bg on topic Resident evil 2 crash at start with reshade
Yes indeed it makes sense! And i'm sure it's denuvo too! But look, there is a way to increase the lumasharpen strenght in 3.1.2 ? it's in the lumasharpen.fx file ? Because in the gui at screen i can't modify the strenght in any way and the default it's way too low!

• Wicked Sick
More
5 years 2 months ago #6 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Resident evil 2 crash at start with reshade
Too bad. I had no problem with the demo.

• Luke76bg
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #7 by Luke76bg Replied by Luke76bg on topic Resident evil 2 crash at start with reshade
Me too! The problem is the game! I still can't find how to increase the lumasharpen strenght! :(

• Luke76bg
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #8 by Luke76bg Replied by Luke76bg on topic Resident evil 2 crash at start with reshade
ok i don't know how, but i got 4.1.1 working for two days, and today it doesn't start anymore again, so i guess it's some shader, because the window fail when the i can read that reshade is compiling the shaders (i guess of course!)

• Uncle Crassius
More
5 years 2 months ago #9 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Resident evil 2 crash at start with reshade
If you're missing the possibility to change lumasharpen strength it seems like you're still using shaders from an older version (or vice versa if you used a later version first and just changed the dll). Might explain the issues on startup as well. I'd delete the shaders folder and reinstall ReShade. Installing without deleting just leads to ReShade already finding existing shaders it seems without the option to replace them with newer ones.

• Luke76bg
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #10 by Luke76bg Replied by Luke76bg on topic Resident evil 2 crash at start with reshade

Uncle Crassius wrote: If you're missing the possibility to change lumasharpen strength it seems like you're still using shaders from an older version (or vice versa if you used a later version first and just changed the dll). Might explain the issues on startup as well. I'd delete the shaders folder and reinstall ReShade. Installing without deleting just leads to ReShade already finding existing shaders it seems without the option to replace them with newer ones.

I always uninstall first the previous version of reshade of course! I thought that only 3.1.2 can work on the game, but instead after one day it stopped working, the game close itself like for the 4.1.1. After installing old version back and forth i can make it work but i don't how exactly, but 4.1.1 can work like 3.1.2, i noticed that the window close itself when reshade compile the effect (i guess). I'm trying in some minutes with 4.1.1, i need to modify the intesity of colorfulnes, because in 3.1.1 it's not possible, but first i have to understand why i can launch it sometimes and sometimes not!

• YoshiFtJ
More
5 years 2 months ago #11 by YoshiFtJ Replied by YoshiFtJ on topic Resident evil 2 crash at start with reshade
I pulled this from the nexus. It fixed the problem for me.

* Rename dxgi.dll file to d3d11.dll and dxgi.ini file to d3d11.ini in Resident Evil 2 main folder.

-

• Luke76bg
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #12 by Luke76bg Replied by Luke76bg on topic Resident evil 2 crash at start with reshade

YoshiFtJ wrote: I pulled this from the nexus. It fixed the problem for me.

* Rename dxgi.dll file to d3d11.dll and dxgi.ini file to d3d11.ini in Resident Evil 2 main folder.
-

Sadly doesn't work, when i install 4.1.1, after uninstalling the previous working version (3.1.2), i rename dxgi.dll in d3d11.dll but i don't have dxgi.ini yet, i launch the game and nothing, i see for a sec the reshade compiling the effects and then the game close itself. Yesterday i managed to get 4.1.1 working but i don't know how i did! And now it doesn't work anymore, while 3.1.2 works but it's very limited (you can't increase the colorfulness strenght for example, and i need that, same for lumasharpen strenght) i
just would to understand how i got to work yesterday! :(

Edit
I tried right now 3.3.2 version, and indeed after installation i have both file dxgi and dxgi.ini, i guess latest version call dxgi.ini reshade.ini ? But however it doesn't work the same, and i forgot to say that the 3.1.2 version works because i select only 4 effects, i select all the effects it gives some error about the compiling the the menu doesn't start at all.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.