Metro Exodus issue loading reshader

• rustysword98
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #1 by rustysword98 Metro Exodus issue loading reshader was created by rustysword98
I have metro exodus loaded via the epic launcher, but when i try to install reshade 4.1.1 (newest), it does one of 2 things.

1. If i load d3d9.dll, dxgi.dll, or d3d11.dll via the launcher it does nothing at all. Reshade flat out wont load.

2. If i load d3d11.dll w/ epic launcher closed, i get reshade to load, but can't open the UI at all. I can indirectly load shaders by setting it up via the ini file, but i can't get the HOME menu to open in game.

Any way to troubleshoot the input being blocked?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rustysword98
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #2 by rustysword98 Replied by rustysword98 on topic Metro Exodus issue loading reshader
I seem to be "fixing" it by accident. If i alt tab out after using the second method and type on a command line (in search) i get it to work in game. But i have to alt tab. What's causing this? For some reason input is blocked in game until i do this.

• Animani
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #3 by Animani Replied by Animani on topic Metro Exodus issue loading reshader
I am trying to get it working too but the Reshade text and loading bar at the top never appears so I doubt is loaded. Tried dxgi.dll and d3d11.dll none of them load I think.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Animani.

• Animani
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #4 by Animani Replied by Animani on topic Metro Exodus issue loading reshader
My problem was I was using DX12 so I have to decide if using DXR or Reshade. DXR looks amazing in this game. Let's see if I can do some tweaks using Nvidia Freestyle... Not working for now. Oh well...
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Animani.

• rustysword98
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #5 by rustysword98 Replied by rustysword98 on topic Metro Exodus issue loading reshader
If you can get it to load in DX11, alt tab out , type in any textbox (windows search, etc), then switch back. For me that opens the menu in game.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.