[SOLVED] No one Lives for Ever No. 2

• Mike Gous
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #1 by Mike Gous No one Lives for Ever No. 2 was created by Mike Gous
This is an old game which can now be played on a wide screen with a resolution of 1920x1080. The older guys should remember this as a very good game. I am playing it now again with all the improvements and patches included. If you open the "Games" heading of this website you will see that it is indicated that Direct3D 9 is a perfect setting for this game. However I find that in my case It ignores that setting as well as all the others. Hopefully there are players on this forum who has experience of this game and can give me some advice. :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Duran.te
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #2 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic No one Lives for Ever No. 2
The mystical sacred texts of the PC Gaming Wiki locates this one as a DirectX 8 - based game, so the first thing I suggest you is to run crosire's d3d8to9 tool and see if it works.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Duran.te.

• Mike Gous
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #3 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic No one Lives for Ever No. 2
Thanks, but this is the d3d8 log that I get:
Redirecting 'Direct3DCreate8(220)' ...
> Passing on to 'Direct3DCreate9':
Redirecting 'IDirect3D8::CreateDevice(0073F520, 0, 1, 000B0684, 132, 0018EFB0, 0018EF9C)' ...
Redirecting 'IDirect3DDevice8::CreateImageSurface(041144C8, 25, 25, 22, 0018E970)' ...
Redirecting 'IDirect3DDevice8::CreateImageSurface(041144C8, 2, 2, 22, 0018CEF0)' ...
Redirecting 'IDirect3DDevice8::CreateImageSurface(041144C8, 2, 2, 22, 0018CEFC)' ...
Redirecting 'IDirect3DDevice8::CreateImageSurface(041144C8, 1024, 768, 22, 0018EF94)' ...
Redirecting 'IDirect3DDevice8::CreateImageSurface(041144C8, 2, 2, 22, 0018FC98)' ...
Reference count for 'IDirect3DDevice8' object 041144C8 (2) is inconsistent.
Reference count for 'IDirect3DDevice8' object 041144C8 (1) is inconsistent.
I can still get into the game, but there is no indication that a reshade setting has been picked up.

• Mike Gous
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #4 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic No one Lives for Ever No. 2
Thanks a lot I got it working now. :evil: :ohmy:

• Mike Gous
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #5 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic No one Lives for Ever No. 2
Ok there is only one problem now. The file d3d8.dll has a serious bleaching effect on the graphics of the game. Trees and mountains, etc are complete white. I wonder if there is an effect that can alleviate this a little bit. I am using "ReShade 0.19.2.904" here. Nothing else works. Its the only one that says "Compiling Effect Succeeded".

• Mike Gous
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #6 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic No one Lives for Ever No. 2
When I added the "dxgi.dll" file of Reshade 4.2.0 to the game file, the bleach effect disappeared. So now I have both D3D8.dll and DXGI.dll in the game file. Take the D3D8 away, then you have no Reshade graphics. Take the DXGI away, then you have the bleach graphics.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.