Axiom Verge on Optimus laptop

• HunterZ
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #1 by HunterZ Axiom Verge on Optimus laptop was created by HunterZ
Trying to use Reshade 4.2.1 with Axiom Verge on an Alienware 17 R3 with nVidia GTX980M GPU + Intel integrated graphics (i.e. Optimus).

First of all, WinDbg shows that the game loads d3d11, dxgi, and OpenGL32 DLLs.

I tried installing reshade as D3D10+, but the game seems to load d3d11 and dxgi DLLs from C:\windows\system32 instead of the reshade versions in the game folder, even if I use the ENB injector and/or rename reshade dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll.

I then tried installing reshade as OpenGL, and the game crashes on startup. Renaming opengl32.dll to something else and using the ENB injector results in reshade not loading. It seems the injector just doesn't so anything.

Finally, I tried running with the integrated Intel graphics, and reshade works. Does reshade just not support OpenGL on nVidia Optimus configurations or something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HunterZ
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #2 by HunterZ Replied by HunterZ on topic Axiom Verge on Optimus laptop
Wow, is this really that obscure of an issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.