reshade does not work in dying light

• Danixbox
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Danixbox reshade does not work in dying light was created by Danixbox
help, reshade does not work in dying light, the game does not start
The topic has been locked.
  • Martigen
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #2 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic reshade does not work in dying light
Dying Light works fine with Reshade as dxgi.dll. How are you installing it?
  • Danixbox
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #3 by Danixbox Replied by Danixbox on topic reshade does not work in dying light
yes, I also install directx 9, directx11 and opengl and it does not work either
  • Martigen
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #4 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic reshade does not work in dying light
Try this to make sure it's installed correctly:

1) Download latest Reshade 4.2.1 ( reshade.me/#download )
2) Copy 'ReShade_Setup_4.2.1.exe' to your Dying Light directory
3) Double-click on ReShade_Setup_4.2.1.exe
4) CTRL-CLICK on 'Select game to install..'. This will unpack the Reshade .dlls to the current directory
5) Rename 'Reshde64.dll' to 'dxgi.dll'.
6) Launch Dying Light
  • Danixbox
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #5 by Danixbox Replied by Danixbox on topic reshade does not work in dying light
Reshde64.dll does not appear, only dxgi appears and even then I run the game but it does not open
  • Martigen
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #6 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic reshade does not work in dying light

Danixbox wrote: Reshde64.dll does not appear, only dxgi appears and even then I run the game but it does not open

You haven't followed the instructions.

4) CTRL-CLICK on 'Select game to install..'.

This will unpack Reshade64.dll.
Delete whatever dxgi.dll you already have, and rename Reshade64.dll to dxgi.dll.

Dying Light works perfectly with Reshade so if this doesn't work something else is wrong with your installation.
  • Fu-Bama
More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #7 by Fu-Bama Replied by Fu-Bama on topic reshade does not work in dying light
Maybe your anti-virus deletes ReShade DLL.
Try to update its definitions
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Fu-Bama.
  • Danixbox
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #8 by Danixbox Replied by Danixbox on topic reshade does not work in dying light
I have the reshade version 4.2.1 and when I select the dying light executable, it only creates these files

folder "reshade-shaders" (inside effects)
dxgi.dll
ReShade.ini

the reshade 4.2.1 works for me in most games and never creates a file called reshade.dll
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Danixbox.
  • Fu-Bama
More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #9 by Fu-Bama Replied by Fu-Bama on topic reshade does not work in dying light

Danixbox wrote: (...)the reshade 4.2.1 works for me in most games and never creates a file called reshade.dll

It creates reshade.dll when you hold ctrl in ReShade setup.

Regarding the game, I don't know, but maybe it has a separate EXE in another folder inside, and you're adding ReShade to the launcher?
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Fu-Bama.
  • Martigen
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #10 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic reshade does not work in dying light

Danixbox wrote: I have the reshade version 4.2.1 and when I select the dying light executable, it only creates these files

folder "reshade-shaders" (inside effects)
dxgi.dll
ReShade.ini

the reshade 4.2.1 works for me in most games and never creates a file called reshade.dll

Again, YOU'RE NOT FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS.

CTRL-CLICK.
Not CLICK.
CTRL-CLICK.

When you do this, you won't get to select an executable, because you're not using the Reshade installer. Instead, you're manually extracting the Reshade .dlls. Follow the guide above and do this, so we can start to work out why you're having problems.

Fu-Bama wrote: Regarding the game, I don't know, but maybe it has a separate EXE in another folder inside, and you're adding ReShade to the launcher?

No all the .exes are in the main game directory.

That said, Reshade's installer should work fine too, so I still think something else is wrong with Danixbox's system. However, lets first determine if the correct .dll is being loaded at all.

Danixbox -- are you playing a laptop using Optimus?

Also confirm you're installing to the same directory as 'DyingLightGame.exe'?
  • JBeckman
More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #11 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic reshade does not work in dying light
ReShade is also a 7z archive now so opening it up with WinRar or similar and just taking the .DLL file(s) works too.
DXGI.dll should work fine though last I tried the game, D3D11.dll might be a possibility if that doesn't do it.

Then third party compatibility and a whole mess of things from system services to drivers to third party programs, injectors (Fraps isn't a fun one.) and more. :)
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by JBeckman.
  • Danixbox
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #12 by Danixbox Replied by Danixbox on topic reshade does not work in dying light
I managed to extract the file reshade64.dll and I recognized it to dxgi and it did not work either, I followed all the indications and I did not succeed
  • Fu-Bama
More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #13 by Fu-Bama Replied by Fu-Bama on topic reshade does not work in dying light
Maybe it's a cracked copy of a game?
In such case, ReShade may not work.
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by Fu-Bama.
  • Martigen
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #14 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic reshade does not work in dying light

Danixbox wrote: I managed to extract the file reshade64.dll and I recognized it to dxgi and it did not work either, I followed all the indications and I did not succeed

Did you rename it to 'dxgi.dll' (just checking as you said only 'dxgi' above)

Are you playing on a laptop using Optimus?

Also confirm you're installing to the same directory as 'DyingLightGame.exe'?
  • Danixbox
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #15 by Danixbox Replied by Danixbox on topic reshade does not work in dying light
yes, the game is copy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fu-Bama
  • Fu-Bama
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #16 by Fu-Bama Replied by Fu-Bama on topic reshade does not work in dying light

Danixbox wrote: yes, the game is copy

I used to work at Techland, but don't worry, I won't tell anyone :)
Let it be our little secret ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.