Linux report, Reshade + SweetFX 2.0 (hint: fails)

• Xodetaetl
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #1 by Xodetaetl Linux report, Reshade + SweetFX 2.0 (hint: fails) was created by Xodetaetl
I tried Reshade + SweetFX 2.0 on Linux (Xubuntu 14.04) with Wine, for Pillars of Eternity (Unity engine) :
The game starts, shows a black screen and mouse cursor then crashes before displaying the first logo. Without it, it works perfectly.

Details:
- Wine v1.7.38
- clean prefix emulating Win 7
- opengl32

OPENGL32.log
Wine's log
Wine's log without Reshade (game shut down after first logo)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Linux report, Reshade + SweetFX 2.0 (hint: fails)
Could you try and see what happens if you force the game to use Direct3D (Wine emulates that too)? To do that run the game executable with "-force-d3d9" or "-force-d3d11" added to the command line.

• Xodetaetl
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by Xodetaetl Replied by Xodetaetl on topic Linux report, Reshade + SweetFX 2.0 (hint: fails)
Yeah, it crashes as well with d3d9. (DirectX 11 isn't yet supported in Wine)
Do you want the logs ?

• Xodetaetl
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4 by Xodetaetl Replied by Xodetaetl on topic Linux report, Reshade + SweetFX 2.0 (hint: fails)
Well, I suppose it's rather the Wine dev's job to fix the issue.

I've seen you have native Linux support planned, what is there I can do to make you move it up on your roadmap ? :)
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Xodetaetl.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Linux report, Reshade + SweetFX 2.0 (hint: fails)
It's on the roadmap, yeah, but not something for the close future, since it basically requires me to write everything a second time (current hooking system is Windows only and the OpenGL renderer makes use of WGL; the rest is mostly portable though, apart from those parts that will be cut out of a linux build anyway, like the Direct3D renderers).

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.