Wolfenstein: The New Order crash with Reshade

• Amaratu
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #1 by Amaratu Wolfenstein: The New Order crash with Reshade was created by Amaratu
Wolfenstein: The New Order crashes with any Reshade version on Win10. Please offer any solution.
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Amaratu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martigen
More
4 years 10 months ago #2 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Wolfenstein: The New Order crash with Reshade
You're in luck I still have this installed :)

I can confirm (trying it again now) it works fine with both Reshade 4.2.0 and 4.2.1. I haven't updated to 4.3 yet.

I'm running Windows 1809.

Not that the log shows much, but here's mine:
Warning: Spoiler!

• Amaratu
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #3 by Amaratu Replied by Amaratu on topic Wolfenstein: The New Order crash with Reshade
This versions don't work either. Other games on d3d11 works fine. I belive its something about opengl32.

• Martigen
More
4 years 10 months ago #4 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Wolfenstein: The New Order crash with Reshade

Amaratu wrote: This versions don't work either. Other games on d3d11 works fine. I belive its something about opengl32.

Well it does work, you can see above. There's something different about your system. What's your Windows 10 version? When you say crashes, what exactly happens?

• Amaratu
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #5 by Amaratu Replied by Amaratu on topic Wolfenstein: The New Order crash with Reshade
My OS Windows 10 Home version 1803.

When you say crashes, what exactly happens?

I launch the game; loading starts and window just close without any message or smth.

• Amaratu
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #6 by Amaratu Replied by Amaratu on topic Wolfenstein: The New Order crash with Reshade
Some new information. I tried to launch the game with integrate gp (use notebook) and reshade initializes fine. But stil dont work with discrete graphic card.

• Martigen
More
4 years 10 months ago #7 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Wolfenstein: The New Order crash with Reshade

Amaratu wrote: Some new information. I tried to launch the game with integrate gp (use notebook) and reshade initializes fine. But stil dont work with discrete graphic card.

Ah... so this is related to integrated/discrete on laptops. There have been some issues with using Reshade with these hybrid setups, I can't remember off the top of my head and don't have time now, but search there forums here.

Off the cuff I wonder when it's trying to initialise as OpenGL it's using the integrated cards OpenGL stacks instead of the discrete which the game is trying to utilise... (I have no idea how APIs are initialized so someone with more knowledge might have to chime in). Regardless there may be a solution somewhere in the forums already.

• Amaratu
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #8 by Amaratu Replied by Amaratu on topic Wolfenstein: The New Order crash with Reshade
Ookaay I finally found solution. I disabled integrate gc in Device Manager and Reshade started to load. Just cant take why it worked. So ridiculous...
Anyway thanks for assistance! (=

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.