Reshade setup crashing immediately

• DesperateFellow
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #1 by DesperateFellow Reshade setup crashing immediately was created by DesperateFellow
Not only 4.3.0; every past Reshade setup started crashing as well.
The program itself works fine if already installed- it's the setup that keeps crashing. It started happening right after I removed Geforce Experience from my PC; installing it again didn't work unfortunately.
Already tried switching accounts, updating nvidia drivers and the usual troubleshooting, nothing seem to work.

Here's the log:
Warning: Spoiler!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• seri14
More
4 years 10 months ago #2 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic Reshade setup crashing immediately
I remembered this problem
reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/5440-re...-crashes-immediately

Maybe who broke the system.

• DesperateFellow
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #3 by DesperateFellow Replied by DesperateFellow on topic Reshade setup crashing immediately
That didn't work unfortunately.
Any other solution?
I'd even settle down for a working way to get the files I need out of the installer

• crosire
More
4 years 10 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade setup crashing immediately
You can open the setup with any unzip tool like 7zip to get to the DLLs and do a manual installation.

• DesperateFellow
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #5 by DesperateFellow Replied by DesperateFellow on topic Reshade setup crashing immediately
Already tried; the only files that seem to get extracted with 7zip are ReShade64.dll and ReShade32.dll.

• JBeckman
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #6 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Reshade setup crashing immediately
Those are the only files in there, shaders would go via Github.

github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders
(You can download it all as a bundled zip archive too.)

And then the in-program tutorial and settings will allow for a path for the shaders and any textures these might and start on activating and configuring these into a preset.

Software installer itself just unpacks either the 64 or 32 bit .dll file into the folder of your choosing and renames it for convenience into either D3D9, DXGI or OpenGL32.dll from memory though D3D10, D3D11 and I assume as of 4.3.0 D3D12 .dll are also compatible if DXGI (D3D10 - D3D12) isn't working.

It then asks if you want to download the shaders from the Github repository but that can be done manually too. :)
(Through the above Github URL.)

EDIT: Should be a link on these forums to a tutorial too and one of the shader preset hosting sites. :)
(Tutorial should be on the front page even, presets should be up on the menu with the various quick links to the forums, FAQ and such.)
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by JBeckman.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.