[SOLVED] Reshade messages distorting in 4:3 ratio games

• Cryse
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #1 by Cryse Reshade messages distorting in 4:3 ratio games was created by Cryse
I'm having an issue when using Reshade with old games that only run in a 4:3 ratio. All of the UI elements of Reshade (menu, welcome message etc) won't go away in the space of the black bars on either side of the game, and will get distorted by the shaders making them very distracting.

I can avoid all of them except for the welcome message. I get having that not be removable since its what credits the creator and all, but is there any way to move it the the top-middle of the screen? Or maybe make a shader that blacks out the area outside of the game, preventing the distortion? Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
4 years 9 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade messages distorting in 4:3 ratio games
ReShade renders to the full window. The game only renders to parts of the window and never clears the rest. Result is what you see.
But since all of the effects technically are applied to the entire window you can abuse that and e.g. use the "Layer" effect to draw an entirely black image (just fill reshade-shaders/Textures/Layer.png with black in Paint) over the entire game. Then just add a toggle key binding, so you can switch it on/off. Now after launching the game, wait for the splash bar to go away, then toggle the "Layer" effect on for a quick moment and toggle it off again. The black bars should be black again afterwards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cryse

• Cryse
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #3 by Cryse Replied by Cryse on topic Reshade messages distorting in 4:3 ratio games
I had to change the defined layer size in the Layer.fx file, but other than that it worked like a charm. Thanks a bunch!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.