Sekiro: DefaultPreset.ini Disables DS4 Input

• dolfiend
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #1 by dolfiend Sekiro: DefaultPreset.ini Disables DS4 Input was created by dolfiend
Hi. First off, thanks to crosire and all the contributors who help make games so much prettier. I'm pretty new to ReShade and PC gaming, but I've gotten ReShade (latest version) to work on Borderlands 2, RE2, DMC5, and Rise of the Tomb Raider. There was no problem when installing Sekiro (Steam) and playing it normally with the DualShock 4. When I first installed ReShade, it would quickly close Sekiro on startup, so I did the trick where I renamed dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll. ReShade now comes up and I can apply all the different shaders and post processing stuff after pressing "Home." However, my controller no longer works even though the DS4 light is on and the headphone jack is outputting audio. I didn't have this issue with any other game, so I don't know what's wrong. I verified the game files, tried to apply Steam controller configurations in Big Picture mode, and uninstalled/reinstalled ReShade in the game (deleted the shader/texture folders, ReShade.ini, and d3d11.dll in the game directory). I think it has something to do with d3d11.dll because I deleted only this file one time while leaving the other files/folders in the directory and the game still ran fine, albeit without ReShade. I spent over an hour trying to solve it, and I couldn't find anyone else on Google with this problem. Does anyone know what the problem is? I'm using the Asus Zephyrus G GA502 with Ryzen 7 3750h, GTX 1660TI Max-Q, and 16GB Ram. Windows 10

Edit: I found the problem. It's DefaultPreset.ini. When I reinstalled this game, I noticed that this file doesn't exist so ReShade and my controller work the first time I play the game. After choosing my effects and closing the game, it'll create this file in the directory and the problem came back the next time I started the game. Basically, I deleted DefaultPreset.ini in the directory and renamed/saved the preset as "Beautiful" the next time I opened ReShade in the game. I guess any name outside of the normal one works, but I don't know the exact reason why this is an issue. Everything works as intended now.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by dolfiend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.