[SOLVED] Games with dx10/11 won't load in full screen mode

• kgonepostl
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #1 by kgonepostl Games with dx10/11 won't load in full screen mode was created by kgonepostl
I'm the guy who talked to you on steam last night. I said I'd do some research with games and the dx10/11 in fullscreen bug is still happening. If I'm in borderless or windowed mode it loads fine. I had to forcequit the games because they just lock up on boot. Here's the log and tracelog from the game "dying light."

Log:
pastebin.com/JFeeMzGw
Tracelog:
pastebin.com/hhMKu4WW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Games with dx10/11 won't load in full screen mode
Those logs are created when ran in window mode, right (because that's how it looks like, guessing from the "Windowed" parameter in the swapchain description)? Could you post a tracelog with the lockup in fullscreen mode for comparison?
Also, which Windows version are you on again? =)

• kgonepostl
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by kgonepostl Replied by kgonepostl on topic Games with dx10/11 won't load in full screen mode
Nope, that was fullscreen mode. It only freezes on fullscreen, does not freeze in windowed mode. I can try again though I guess. I'm using windows 8.1

• kgonepostl
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by kgonepostl Replied by kgonepostl on topic Games with dx10/11 won't load in full screen mode
Alright I ran the game again and double checked if the game is indeed in fullscreen, it is. Here are the new logs, this time I definitely did it right.

Log:
pastebin.com/ciYy7Sfs

Tracelog:
pastebin.com/07MmkGAz

• kgonepostl
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #5 by kgonepostl Replied by kgonepostl on topic Games with dx10/11 won't load in full screen mode
Any idea what's going on Crosire?

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Games with dx10/11 won't load in full screen mode
Do they lockup when no shaders are loaded too (just remove all fx files)?

• kgonepostl
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #7 by kgonepostl Replied by kgonepostl on topic Games with dx10/11 won't load in full screen mode
Still locks up even after deleting both fx files. Here's a log WITHOUT the fx files.

log:
pastebin.com/E5z61sXh
tracelog:
pastebin.com/NfAmaguS

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #8 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Games with dx10/11 won't load in full screen mode
Try to rename it to d3d11.dll

• kgonepostl
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #9 by kgonepostl Replied by kgonepostl on topic Games with dx10/11 won't load in full screen mode
Holy crap it worked! Does renaming to d3d11.dll change the hooking method or something? Is there anything I can do to help integrate this fix into the next sweetfx? What do I do if it's a dx10 game? Same thing? Thanks crosire. Your the man now dog!
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by kgonepostl.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Games with dx10/11 won't load in full screen mode
Just changes the order in which ReShade is loaded and that can have an effect, depending on if the game loads dxgi.dll first or d3d11.dll first.
And what does this have to do with SweetFX?

• kgonepostl
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #11 by kgonepostl Replied by kgonepostl on topic Games with dx10/11 won't load in full screen mode
Sorry, I refer to reshade as sweetfx sometimes. I meant reshade.

• kgonepostl
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #12 by kgonepostl Replied by kgonepostl on topic Games with dx10/11 won't load in full screen mode
Can you fix this bug in a future version? Or is this a situation that just requires trial and error? I'm here to help any way I can. :-)
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by kgonepostl.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #13 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Games with dx10/11 won't load in full screen mode
I don't think there is much I can fix here. Especially since I'm unable to reproduce such behaviour on two different machines, so apparently it's something specific =).

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.