Doesn't work in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

• AndreyKva
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #1 by AndreyKva Doesn't work in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell was created by AndreyKva
At least not in fullscreen. I'm talking about the original one. The game uses D3D8 by default. After installing reshade and skipping through the intro cinematics, the screen goes black. The music is still on however. I tried alt-tabbing out of the game and it forced it into a windowed mode. Everything looked fine in the windowed mode, so if you're going to play this game with ReShade, I recommend a utility like Borderless Gaming to give the illusion of fullscreen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AndreyKva
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by AndreyKva Replied by AndreyKva on topic Doesn't work in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Also, it can crash sometimes when using ReShade.

• lowenz
More
8 years 4 months ago #3 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Doesn't work in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Yes, there are problems with SC1 and SC2 (Pandora Tomorrow).

But, first thing first, these 2 games need a fix for the lighting system (for Pandora see here: www.jiri-dvorak.cz/scellpt/ ), so reshade must implement some kind of library proxing.

• drv30
More
7 years 7 months ago #4 by drv30 Replied by drv30 on topic Doesn't work in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
I got Reshade me 3.0 to work with splinter cell 1.

I followed the DgVoodo2 instructions here: pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Tom_Clancy%27s_Splinter_Cell
then i threw the d3d8.dll in the 'MS' folder of the dgVoodoo2 package into the 'system' folder of the game directory.

Then I applied Reshade.Me in "directx9 mode" (even thouugh the game is directx8).

I also applied the PS3 HD textures and the Widescreen fix along with the FOV fix, and everything worked well altogether. There are a couple of very minimal FPS drops. I have a 6700k and a GTX 970 however.

The only thing that didnt work was MXAO (Marty McFly Ambient Occlusion), but I was able to apply the following enhancements: Curves, lumasharpen, Bloom&flares, SMAA. The game does look better with those enhancement.

Altogether, you have advanced post-processing (reshade), fixed lighting (vgVoodoo2), improved textures (ps3 hd textures), and full widescreen support with proper field of view.

All of the instructions for all those tweaks are found in the pcgamingwiki page posted above. Good luck and enjoy.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.