Extreme lag in menu and loading screens of GTAV

• v00d00m4n
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1 by v00d00m4n Extreme lag in menu and loading screens of GTAV was created by v00d00m4n
Without reshade its just a bit laggy since it locked to 30 fps, but with reshade its like 4 fps and sometime mouse cursor even stop responding for a second or three, navigation is painfully slow, loading rockstar videos on start also slide show, even if effects disabled by default the presence of reshade as dxgi.dll does this. Im not sure but I think before update of reshade with 17 as d3d11.dll there was less of lag. And there is no lag with other d3 injectors such as 3d migoto so it seems like side effect of reshade and gta v methods combined together. Can you please do a workaround of this issue any time soon?

Default, not so extreme lag as far as I know related to xbox 360 controller and fixed by unplugging gamepad. Not sure if reshade lag related but this info could help to find way to fix it.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by v00d00m4n.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ccrusher1
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by ccrusher1 Replied by ccrusher1 on topic Extreme lag in menu and loading screens of GTAV

v00d00m4n wrote: Without reshade its just a bit laggy since it locked to 30 fps, but with reshade its like 4 fps and sometime mouse cursor even stop responding for a second or three, navigation is painfully slow, loading rockstar videos on start also slide show, even if effects disabled by default the presence of reshade as dxgi.dll does this. Im not sure but I think before update of reshade with 17 as d3d11.dll there was less of lag. And there is no lag with other d3 injectors such as 3d migoto so it seems like side effect of reshade and gta v methods combined together. Can you please do a workaround of this issue any time soon?

Default, not so extreme lag as far as I know related to xbox 360 controller and fixed by unplugging gamepad. Not sure if reshade lag related but this info could help to find way to fix it.

Are you using crosire's stuff, or are you just using one that you downloaded from a website? Some of the custom settings that people post have keys you can press to disable the effect. Try using that. As for the work around, I personally do not see that happening any time soon. I'm sure crosire has a lot on his hands. Especially with R* being ignorant and determined to rid hackers/modders.

• JimGunn
More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by JimGunn Replied by JimGunn on topic Extreme lag in menu and loading screens of GTAV
For the laggy startup issue, open the "SweetFX" folder in your install folder, open the "Global_Settings.txt" file and change "#define ReShade_Start_Enabled" from "1" to "0". That will allow the game to start normally, then, once your game is loaded, press "Scroll Lock" to enable SweetFX. I also found that I have to press "Scroll Lock" to disabe SweetFX before reloading a previous save or it does the same thing as startup.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.