[SOLVED] ReShade with nGlide Vulkan

• mb1685
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #1 by mb1685 ReShade with nGlide Vulkan was created by mb1685
Hello,

I am trying to use ReShade with nGlide 2.0 to improve the appearance of an old flight sim, Joint Strike Fighter by Eidos.

If I set up nGlide to use DirectX and install ReShade set to DirectX, I do see the ReShade UI appear when I enter the game. However, the game crashes to desktop after only a few seconds of play time. This happens whether or not I am using ReShade (at lower resolutions it seems more stable, but the frame rate can be poor at times even on my modern RTX 2080 + i7-8700k rig... plus I'd rather play at high res).

If I set up nGlide to use Vulkan, JSF runs great at high resolution and seems very stable. However, if I install ReShade for the game and select Vulkan, it doesn't seem to inject into the game.

I've made sure to uninstall DirectX ReShade for the game before installing Vulkan ReShade, and in fact I actually selected Vulkan on my first installation since I had already determined that JSF runs better with nGlide using Vulkan.

Any ideas on what the issue could be?

This game uses software rendering when 3DFX is not enabled, btw (and is also unstable at high resolution this way). So using a Glide wrapper is my only option to play with stability at high res.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by mb1685.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dazaster
More
4 years 5 months ago #2 by Dazaster Replied by Dazaster on topic ReShade with nGlide Vulkan
Couple of things, first off, have you tried setting Reshade to opengl instead of Vulkan?
Why, you may ask.
No Man's Sky is now Vulkan. However Reshade loads fine if opengl is selected instead.
No, I don't know why.
Secondly, getting Steam version NMS to run in Vulkan proved..problematical at first.
Crosire said something about the client launcher having to have Reshade injected to it.

Now I don't know anything about nGlide, but perhaps you could try installing Reshade to that instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mb1685

• mb1685
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #3 by mb1685 Replied by mb1685 on topic ReShade with nGlide Vulkan
Got it working! Turns out all I had to do was turn off Compatibility Mode for the game executable. :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.