Does reshade work with VR games? (eg. SteamVR)

• fuc847
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #1 by fuc847 Does reshade work with VR games? (eg. SteamVR) was created by fuc847
i'm not talking to make non-vr games to be vr, but to use reshade shaders to enhance the image in VR games like OCULUS or STEAMVR games, most that use the UE4 engine (dx11 usually).

it seems it somewhat works and does load, but only for the PC screen but not on the HMD. for example, i see all the reshade load and actaully affect the image on the PC screen only (i see the mirror of what is happening in my HMD), but on my HMD it is the default image.

any workarounds?
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by fuc847.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• miserable
More
4 years 4 months ago #2 by miserable Replied by miserable on topic Does reshade work with VR games? (eg. SteamVR)
Came here just to comment on this. It's been almost 3 years since Valve released Direct Display mode and it still lacks BASIC COLOR CORRECTION.
All you can adjust is RGB Gains, which doesn't do much for the image quality.

Making color adjustments in extended mode makes a difference like night and day. Of course, it becomes unplayable with this. This is such an easily fixable situation and Valve simply ignores it. Reshade was my last hope, but it won't hook with Direct Display mode, no matter what.
Returning this shit and buying Pimax instead, which has contrast adjustment.

• mr_spongeworthy
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #3 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic Does reshade work with VR games? (eg. SteamVR)
Here is hoping you can eventually get ReShade to work with VR rigs. There has never been an application where it is more needed. It would be absolutely fantastic to have ReShade, not just for basic adjustments, but also for AA and sharpening (Try Skyrim VR for example, you have two choices: so blurry you can't possibly use it (TAA - why did they bother?) or nice and sharp but full of aliasing even on really good HMDs. I could fix all those problems in probably 5 minutes with ReShade.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by mr_spongeworthy.

• fitzy1982
More
4 years 2 months ago #4 by fitzy1982 Replied by fitzy1982 on topic Does reshade work with VR games? (eg. SteamVR)
Yeah, the sooner we get this the better. Is hugely needed!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.