The Sims 4 doesn’t launch

• ColbyDash
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #1 by ColbyDash The Sims 4 doesn’t launch was created by ColbyDash
Hello!

I’m having an issue with The Sims 4 not launching hence the topic’s title. Whenever I launch it with Reshade (or just a d3d9.dll in my bin folder from a discovery with NinjaRipper), it seems to not get pass the activationui.exe and hangs there until I end it’s process in Task Manager. It worked on my laptop but now on my PC, it doesn’t seem to work at all. I’m also having a similar issue with 2 other games (from the same franchise) too but this will be one of the topics I’ll make as I don’t want to confuse anyone and stay on topic with the current game we’re trying to resolve. I’ll post a link when I make it. Anyways, I don’t know why it all of a sudden giving me issues. First I had an issue I recently solved regarding my mods, now this. I also couldn’t find anything online about this other than two other people who said they resolved their issues. One did share (and did not work for me in my case) and the other didn’t. Someone please help me as I’m clueless about what I should do next.

Sincerely, Colby. :)

P.S Here’s the link to the other topic I’ve mentioned a little earlier about those two games I said I have similar issues with: reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/5990-sa...d-4-directx-problems
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by ColbyDash. Reason: Including a link I said I would include once I made another topic regarding the two other games I mentioned.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mahogny
More
4 years 3 months ago #2 by Mahogny Replied by Mahogny on topic The Sims 4 doesn’t launch

• ColbyDash
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #3 by ColbyDash Replied by ColbyDash on topic The Sims 4 doesn’t launch
(Thank you for being the first person to reply) Unfortunately one of the solutions did not work for me.

• Mahogny
More
4 years 3 months ago #4 by Mahogny Replied by Mahogny on topic The Sims 4 doesn’t launch
MAke sure that youre running reshade with the same x32 or x64 as your game is.
So if you are running the sims in 32 bit mode (TS4.exe) use 32bit reshade and if your are running 64 bit (TS4_x64.exe) use 64 bit reshade

• ColbyDash
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #5 by ColbyDash Replied by ColbyDash on topic The Sims 4 doesn’t launch
I normally run it with the x64 version of the game and I tried using Legacy Edition (x32 mode) too but it would still stop at activation ul.exe from what I can tell in Task Manager.

(Below is a example of what i'm facing; the game simply does not launch when a d3d9.dll is in one of the bin folders.)

I'm also using the latest version too, so there is no 32 bit or 64 bit versions of ReShade for me unless if it's hidden somewhere on the website or if I have to use a older version.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by ColbyDash. Reason: Had to make some few adjustments and explain the image too.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.