[SOLVED] 4.4 increasing frame times with Vulkan

• MrFreud
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #1 by MrFreud 4.4 increasing frame times with Vulkan was created by MrFreud
Hi. At first I was struggling to launch X4 Foundations (which is Vulkan based game) with ReShade, but now after I've reinstalled the GPU drivers without GeForceExperience I can launch the game with ReShade.
But I have encountered an issue, where after some time my FPS start dropping over time and frame times are constantly increasing even when there's nothing happening on screen and camera is static. FPS constantly getting worse so in aprox. 5 minutes frames go down gradually from 120 to 30. Reloading shaders, turning ReShade off or switching to performance mode doesn't help - frames stay on the same level. Only restarting the game helps but the issue repeats. When I launch the game without ReShade everything works fine. I also noticed that when I turn perf. mode ON my settings for each shader revert back to their default - and when I disable perf. mode - settings are back to custom values.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
4 years 4 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 4.4 increasing frame times with Vulkan
4.4 has a memory leak in Vulkan that worsens every frame and tanks performance. This is fixed in upcoming 4.5.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrFreud

• MrFreud
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #3 by MrFreud Replied by MrFreud on topic 4.4 increasing frame times with Vulkan
Thank you! You're the best!

• Zireael
More
4 years 4 months ago #4 by Zireael Replied by Zireael on topic 4.4 increasing frame times with Vulkan

crosire wrote: 4.4 has a memory leak in Vulkan that worsens every frame and tanks performance. This is fixed in upcoming 4.5.

Is the fix already implemented on github?

• crosire
More
4 years 4 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 4.4 increasing frame times with Vulkan
Yes

• mickevincent
More
4 years 4 months ago #6 by mickevincent Replied by mickevincent on topic 4.4 increasing frame times with Vulkan

crosire wrote: Yes

I dont understand. Can I get a version without the Vulkan memory leak somehow?

• JBeckman
More
4 years 4 months ago #7 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic 4.4 increasing frame times with Vulkan
Open source so the code would be here.
github.com/crosire/reshade

Which then turns into a compiled release version with I assume 4.5 as the next one for all the changes done since 4.4.0 and then the fixes up to 4.4.2 :)
Though occasionally someone compiles the current WIP version as a sort of test or experimental release and I think the fixes for VC++ 2019 are in as well so anyone downloading the student edition could technically compile the code though there are also other dependencies such as in this case the Vulkan SDK and then the skill for compiling the various projects or the full thing into various .DLL files or the complete setup file / installer.

I've only experimented a bit with it and can't really do even that yet but once the next version is at a good state it'll likely hit a new release on this website but there might be further fixes planned or pending code commits to integrate before it's ready. :)

• mickevincent
More
4 years 4 months ago #8 by mickevincent Replied by mickevincent on topic 4.4 increasing frame times with Vulkan
Hm ok. But is it possible for me to somehow get a usable reshade version, with vulkan, and without the memory leak bug? Sorry i am no programmer and doesnt understand everything :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.