Image Sharpening destroying shaders and filters

• R34P3R76
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #1 by R34P3R76 Image Sharpening destroying shaders and filters was created by R34P3R76
so, first of all i'm impressed that I found nothing on google about this, but whenever i use nvidia image sharpening( in control panel of nvidia) all the filters, shaders, and pretty much anything enabled by reshade gets sharpened as well and thus completely destroys whatever i enable, through free style there are no problems, but when using reshade this happens, and yes i did try changing ignore film grain to 1.0 and it didn't work, that includes putting it to 0.0 as well.
i hate freestyle UI, re shade is well detailed and runs smoother and faster, and it's also lighter. a little help please? :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martigen
More
4 years 4 months ago #2 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Image Sharpening destroying shaders and filters
Why not just use Reshade's multitude of sharpen shaders instead of the Nvidia driver one?

• R34P3R76
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #3 by R34P3R76 Replied by R34P3R76 on topic Image Sharpening destroying shaders and filters
there are noticeable differences between the image sharpening and the sharpening available in reshade, for example the way the nvidia image sharpening sharps the edges is different and uses less of your GPU. That's why i prefer nvidia's image sharpening.
This answer is like forgetting the question itself, but seriously why should this even happen?

• crosire
More
4 years 4 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Image Sharpening destroying shaders and filters
Driver sharpening is done in the driver, which by definition happens after ReShade (the driver is and always has to be the last link in the chain, since it is responsible for converting render commands into something the GPU actually understands). FreeStyle is also part of the driver, so the driver knows about it and can therefore run it afters its sharpening. But the driver knows nothing about ReShade obviously, so ReShade will always run before it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: R34P3R76

• R34P3R76
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #5 by R34P3R76 Replied by R34P3R76 on topic Image Sharpening destroying shaders and filters
Well, that explains it. nvidia should fix it. tnx for the explaining.

• Deathmedic
More
4 years 4 months ago #6 by Deathmedic Replied by Deathmedic on topic Image Sharpening destroying shaders and filters
They sorta did when they added the ability to use reshade shaders into their drivers.
I don't use nvidia stuff so I don't know how to use it.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.