Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Computer reboot when using reshade???

Computer reboot when using reshade??? 1 month 11 hours ago #1

Let me start this by saying my fiance has no issues using the computer to play games and hes never encountered an issue with the PC shutting down all of a sudden. It's his own build he did a while back specifically for gaming. I however it to play Sims 4 and edit my photography with photoshop and lightroom and such.

My issue recently has been occurring while using reshade with Sims 4. I'm currently using reshade 3.0.8 as it's the most popular version among those who play the Sims however I have tried the most recent version with similar results.

I can reliably play sims 4 for HOURS with no issue except maybe the occasional higher gpu temp when I've run it for a long long time but it's never reached a level higher than my fiance reaches with his games. However once I turn on reshade I can MAYBE get 4 screenshots or run the program for less than 5 minutes before my entire PC shuts down then reboots. I also don't remember it going this when I first installed it??https://discord.software/ FetLife vshare
Last Edit: 4 weeks 1 day ago by AlexanderLevi.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Computer reboot when using reshade??? 1 month 11 hours ago #2

First of all, ReShade cannot cause a computer to reboot.
Second, a computer will however reboot if the CPU or GPU temperature sensors detect a temperature that is too high and potentially damaging, at which point the system will auto-reboot for safety. So you may want to keep an eye on those and maybe invest in better cooling (ReShade does increase the load on both processors obviously, so that can result in higher temperatures if not cooled correctly).
Cheers, crosire =)
Last Edit: 1 month 10 hours ago by crosire.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RIHAN