[SOLVED] DOOM (2016) Vulkan Freeze at 99% main menu loading

• Niko of Death
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #1 by Niko of Death DOOM (2016) Vulkan Freeze at 99% main menu loading was created by Niko of Death
When trying to run DOOM (2016) with reshade in vulkan, right before the main menu finishes loading the display freezes, leaving the reshade startup message and loading indicator while the main menu music plays in the background (albeit with cackling).
What it looks like: i.imgur.com/6bVr4xB.png
Log: pastebin.com/6shzD54w

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Niko of Death
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #2 by Niko of Death Replied by Niko of Death on topic DOOM (2016) Vulkan Freeze at 99% main menu loading
With the latest commits the game now loads, however once it gets to the main menu reshade essentially crashes (UI closes if open, any active effects disable), with the log getting flooded for every frame with "Command pool still has buffers in flight. Skipping frame ..."

• crosire
More
4 years 2 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic DOOM (2016) Vulkan Freeze at 99% main menu loading
DOOM should work now with latest master.

• Niko of Death
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #4 by Niko of Death Replied by Niko of Death on topic DOOM (2016) Vulkan Freeze at 99% main menu loading
So, I am able to get it to work under certain cases, but an issue I had actually experienced outside of reshade is also cropping up here (albeit one I don't think reshade is in control of): It seems that with any Anti Aliasing setting other than FXAA, SMAA, FXAA 1TX, and SMAA 1TX, any implicit vulkan layers are broken. This was an issue I had experienced with RTSS before, but did not realize was an issue with layers in general. So, it works perfectly with any of the above AA settings, but if any other setting is used (Off, TAA 1TX, TSSAA 1TX), both reshade and the RTSS overlay disappear completely anywhere outside of loading screens. I had assumed when I thought it was an RTSS only issue that it was just something weird with how TSSAA 1TX works, but having observed it now with both the thing I find especially curious is that it is an issue with anti aliasing completely off.
Regardless, might be something worth noting if others can reproduce the issue. Don't know if it's a driver issue or an issue with the game.

• Bernarduter
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #5 by Bernarduter Replied by Bernarduter on topic DOOM (2016) Vulkan Freeze at 99% main menu loading
Have you checked for errors during application installation?
You are interested in a song but have not found the address to download. Please refer to the phone ringtone address that includes a lot of songs, free sounds. Address kostenlose klingeltöne is a reputable and most popular supplier in the field of ringtones.
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Bernarduter.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.