[SOLVED] Original Deus Ex - DX10 Crash with latest reshade - Log Included

• MojoRising
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #1 by MojoRising Original Deus Ex - DX10 Crash with latest reshade - Log Included was created by MojoRising
Attempting to get Reshade working with Deus Ex the first one, there is a mod called GMDX that includes a DX10 Renderer.

I'm quite experienced with using reshade, i seldom ever encounter an issue i can't solve myself, but this one is out of my reach.

On startup the game crashing with a critical error "SetRes: D3D::Resize failed."

Found this in the log "ID3D10Device::CreateTexture2D failed with error code E_INVALIDARG."

I tried DX9 and OpenGL, but unfortunately reshade cant find a decent depth buffer to work with.

After researching the error D3D Resize failed, i read a lot of users claiming that its due to a faulty IDXGIFactory::CreateSwapChain.

I am very unfamiliar with the inner workings of what Direct x does, almost decided to just move on, but that little voice in the back of my head demanded i make the issue known to help out the project.

Log file

The above link is a log file i feel anybody inquiring would be interested in, i read on other threads people posting tracelogs?
i read that renaming your log file to tracelog turns it into that, but for me personally simply renaming it just makes it a copy and another log is generated,
also trying saving as, but to no avail.

Hope somebody involved with reshade can make use of this, thanks for your time and consideration.

Josh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MojoRising
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #2 by MojoRising Replied by MojoRising on topic Original Deus Ex - DX10 Crash with latest reshade - Log Included
One thing i forgot to mention, is i tried using Reshade 4.3.0, and 4.3.0 is the lastest version that actually works with the game, anything above that does not work, anything under the number does work.

I'm attempting to use MXAO and RTGI with it, and it seems those shaders require the lastest versions.

• crosire
More
4 years 1 month ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Original Deus Ex - DX10 Crash with latest reshade - Log Included

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.