Prey 2017 Reshade does not work when sys_spec = (x) is in game.cfg

• forkinator
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 days ago - 4 years 4 days ago #1 by forkinator Prey 2017 Reshade does not work when sys_spec = (x) is in game.cfg was created by forkinator
I do not know what is causing the command "sys_spec = 0" causes reshade not to hook, but once that command is removed from the config file "game.cfg" (located at C:\Users\Username Here\Saved Games\Arkane Studios\Prey) Reshade hooks and works as intended. It does not matter what the value of sys_spec is. 0 is used just as an example..

@Crosire I was curious if you could check into this. I will post my log and specs below

evga 1080 ti
i7 5930k @4.2ghz
16gb ddr4 3000mhz
samsung 850 pro 500gb ssd

dxgi.log posted below

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 4 years 4 days ago by forkinator.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
4 years 4 days ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Prey 2017 Reshade does not work when sys_spec = (x) is in game.cfg
As noted in the other thread I cannot reproduce any problems with this game with or without that entry in the config. And without me being to reproduce the problem, there is no way for me to track it down, so I cannot do anything.

• Dazaster
More
3 years 10 months ago #3 by Dazaster Replied by Dazaster on topic Prey 2017 Reshade does not work when sys_spec = (x) is in game.cfg
I just bought the game on sale on GOG. Reshade wouldn't work, so I searched and found the above solution on the Steam forums.
The author there also said they put the sys_spec in autoexec.cfg, but I don't have that file anywhere, so ignored it.
But it's true, Reshade will not hook with a sys_spec line in game.cfg(second line down). The game also regens the line whenever you change any graphics options, so has to be edited again. Doesn't matter whether using GOG Galaxy or either of the exe's to run the game, it just won't load until that line is deleted.

• Tojkar
More
3 years 10 months ago #4 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic Prey 2017 Reshade does not work when sys_spec = (x) is in game.cfg
There is no autoexec.cgf because you have to create the file yourself. When the file is present, the game automatically executes the commands you have written into the file.

You should be able to make the game.cgf into read-only file. That way if you delete the line, the game won't be able to write it there again. That of course makes you unable to save any changes you make in game settings, so you should configure the game as you see fit before doing so.

• brussell
More
3 years 10 months ago #5 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Prey 2017 Reshade does not work when sys_spec = (x) is in game.cfg
Just wanted to report that I don't have this problem.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.