[SOLVED] Expected Reshade archives to contain reshade dlls

• DieuDeGlace
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #1 by DieuDeGlace Expected Reshade archives to contain reshade dlls was created by DieuDeGlace
So im trying to compile again, and when I get to making the application without anny errors or any weird warnings it says installing reshade failed and gives me "Expected Reshade archives to contain Reshade dlls" if anyone has a solution or are able to help it would be greatly appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
3 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Expected Reshade archives to contain reshade dlls
The setup you downloaded got corrupted (it is missing the actual ReShade files). Download it again. It's also possible that some anti virus software is interfering, although rather unlikely.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DieuDeGlace

• DieuDeGlace
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #3 by DieuDeGlace Replied by DieuDeGlace on topic Expected Reshade archives to contain reshade dlls
gotcha, I just cloned the regular files from your repository and set the tags to 4.2.1 and it said there were dependency errors so I downloaded 4.2.1 separately and tried importing or replacing the dependencies. dunno if that's just an error on my behalf but yeah ill retry. but if I cant figure it out could you link me a mediafire with the main files I need? I have the project files and all so Idk what exactly im missing.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by DieuDeGlace.

• crosire
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Expected Reshade archives to contain reshade dlls
Ah, missed the first part, sorry.
To build you first need to build the "Release" target for both Win32 and x64 platforms and then the "Release Setup" target. The latter consumes the DLLs created by the former, hence why the former needs to be done first.

Also, all official ReShade releases are still available via their respective links, e.g.: www.reshade.me/downloads/ReShade_Setup_4.2.1.exe
You should always use the latest one though.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DieuDeGlace

• DieuDeGlace
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #5 by DieuDeGlace Replied by DieuDeGlace on topic Expected Reshade archives to contain reshade dlls
I would use latest version of reshade but the game im using seems to block any other version of 4.0 unless its 4.0.2, which ive messed with and its extremely buggy, or 4.2.1 which is more stable but has some dependency problems that I can easily fix. Thank you though for responding and helping me out some will definitely make sure I get it right this time!

• DieuDeGlace
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #6 by DieuDeGlace Replied by DieuDeGlace on topic Expected Reshade archives to contain reshade dlls
yup got it to work. I had to reclone because I noticed some stuff missing compared to the regular 4.2.1 files were missing and I was able to build both 32bit and 64bit successfully. Though I am sad to see the 4.2.1 that I built was blocked by battleye on the crew 2 which I don't think ill be able to fix unless I get it whitelisted somehow. I would've used the release version you have but I want raytracing on the game and so I removed network detectors but even with network detectors on it was still blocked so its a shame, but again thanks for helping me though this!
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by DieuDeGlace.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.