I can't get Reshade to run with Crysis at all

• VeldtRevengeance
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #1 by VeldtRevengeance I can't get Reshade to run with Crysis at all was created by VeldtRevengeance
I've recently picked up interest in the original Crysis again, due to the upcoming Remastered release. I want to install Reshade to get some post processing bonuses for my play through, but so far I haven't been able to get Reshade to install correctly.

I'm playing the Steam version of the game, and I've installed the most recent version of Reshade into it's install folder. I have had no luck getting the Reshade interface to appear when I start the game and have failed to find a solution online that works for me. I don't need or want access to the depth buffer, I'm just looking to use FXAA or SMAA over the game. The game runs with DX10 and I've no other mods or ini file changes. The game on it's own has problems playing correctly in full screen so I've been using Windowed mode for now, but if there is any solution at all I'm open to suggestions.

Thank you in advance for anyone who offers their help!
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by VeldtRevengeance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brazzjazz
More
3 years 8 months ago #2 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic I can't get Reshade to run with Crysis at all
You should have a dxgi.dll (for D3D10-12) in the folder where the game's binary is located. Sometimes it can be confusing when there are several executables. You can check the exe by starting Crysis and checking the name in the Task Manager. Secondly, the dxgi.log will tell you whether ReShade actually loaded or not. In all likelihood it did not load as you apparently didn't get a "welcome message" that prompted you to go through the tutorial.

You are also welcome to drop by on our Discord channel, where you will receive more real-time support, as this forum is not frequented too much.
discord.gg/PrwndfH

• Yoshifufu
More
3 years 2 months ago #3 by Yoshifufu Replied by Yoshifufu on topic I can't get Reshade to run with Crysis at all
When I installed ReShade with Crysis, it installed the x32 dxgi.dll when I selected the x64 executable. I copied a x64 dxgi.dll from ReShade installation of an x64 bit game and replaced the x32 bit one which solved my problem.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.