Major FPS hit after few moments

More
3 months 1 week ago #1 by caezero
Major FPS hit after few moments was created by caezero
Whenever my effects are active on Assassin's Creed Odyssey/Origins, I have a 10-15 FPS loss permanently after a few minutes or during heavy scenes on Fullscreen mode... say, initially my FPS with the effects active was 38FPS, then a few minutes later, it will instantly drop to ~25fps, even when I'm idle. And the GPU load was tanked from 97% with ReShade OFF, to 99% with ReShade ON (99% is where I got the FPS hit, it seems throttle up, even when my GPU temperature is only 60c). Also, I lost 1-2 FPS when I turned off ALL the effects, but with ReShade ON, which is odd..

My GPU is 780Ti, installed in the PCIE16x lane, I can still run those games with my preferred configurations (1080p, High-Maxed) @35-45fps all the time without ReShade, and I installed all the ReShade (latest version) effects but I only use these:
LiftGammaGain
Technicolor2
Tonemap
Clarity
Filmgrain
Curves
ColourFullness
MagicBloom
CA

The problem is still occurred even when I only installed the settings above.

But with those effects, I originally only lost 3FPS. I said before that the issue is during in Fullscreen mode, as when I switched to Window mode, I only lost 3 FPS like normal for about 30 minutes before the FPS dropped, I have to switch to Fullscreen mode and then to Window mode again to get my FPS back, very annoying... Borderless mode also has the same problem. Does anyone have suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.