[SOLVED] Can't run reshade setup from source

• svmagong
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #1 by svmagong Can't run reshade setup from source was created by svmagong
I downloaded the latest source from Github and compiled it fine. I am trying to run ReShade Setup app from the source build, but it gave me an error:

This Setup Archive is corrupted! Please download from the reshade.me again

There are two configurations for this app: Debug/Debug App/Debug Setup, none of them worked.

I did notice that two ini files are missing: Compactibility.ini, EffectPackages.ini, is this the problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
3 years 7 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Can't run reshade setup from source
You need to build the "Release" config at least once before building the setup tool, since the setup tool build process will incorporate the release ReShade DLLs into the executable. If those do not exist the tool throws an error.

• svmagong
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #3 by svmagong Replied by svmagong on topic Can't run reshade setup from source
I built the whole solution with release and run the setup app from visual studio (don't know another way to run it, it is not an exe?). It gave me the same error. I did notice that the setup configuration was in 'Any CPU', so I changed to x64, still does not work.

• svmagong
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #4 by svmagong Replied by svmagong on topic Can't run reshade setup from source
I built the release build of ReShade solution, and then built the setup tool, still no luck. When I run, it did find the signature in the executable, but could not find the zipArchive of the DLL. What's wrong here?

What is the exact steps to build? Release/x64 build of the whole solution, then run the release/x64 build of the setup tool?

• crosire
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Can't run reshade setup from source
Both the 32-bit and 64-bit version of the "Release" config need to be build first. Then build "Release Setup" (doesn't matter whether 32-bit or 64-bit is selected in that case). I've updated the readme now to mention this.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by crosire.

• svmagong
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #6 by svmagong Replied by svmagong on topic Can't run reshade setup from source
Thanks, it worked. I tried to build in all debug version, but it looks like it still installed the release version?

• crosire
More
3 years 7 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Can't run reshade setup from source
Yes, the setup tool will always install the Release DLLs. The "Debug Setup" config only builds the setup tool itself in debug configuration.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.