[SOLVED] Witcher 3 SweetFX Effects not showing

• pritster5
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1 by pritster5 Witcher 3 SweetFX Effects not showing was created by pritster5
Hello all. I have a bug in the Witcher 3 where I get a compile successful message but the effects just don't show. The toggle effects does not work, and the effects themselves do not work because I set the lumasharpen to maximum to see if the effect actually was working, but that didn't show up either. Here is the dxgi.log
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by crosire. Reason: Removed big log

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Witcher 3 SweetFX Effects not showing
Please use a service like pastebin to post the full log.

• jonathan1107
More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by jonathan1107 Replied by jonathan1107 on topic Witcher 3 SweetFX Effects not showing
How can we get the TOGGLE key to work with the Witcher 3?

and What's reshade exactly? I'm confused as to whether it's sweetfx or reshade... whats the difference?

• BrandonHortman
More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic Witcher 3 SweetFX Effects not showing
ReShade is the injector.
Sweet FX, Master Effects, GemFX, and others in the "Presentation" section of the forum are shaders.

The ReShade Framework contains SFX, MFX, and GEMFX all in one, you will edit the *.CFG files in the ReShade folder, one for each shader.

The Toggle key problem I assume is unique to the Witcher 3 game.

The easiest way to shade this game is to set the game to Windowed (not borderless) and set the resolution to 780p (so it doesn't take up you whole screen) then edit the *.cfg files. This keeps the game from minimizing every time you alt tab.

You can also open the Common_settings.cfg and run the framework in Splitscreen mode

You can also turn off all effects by using the RFX START ENABLED in the same *.CFG. Set it to 0 and it will turn off ReShade, its like a "manual toggle"

• raveng20
More
8 years 11 months ago #5 by raveng20 Replied by raveng20 on topic Witcher 3 SweetFX Effects not showing
Having the same problem. I get the "welcome" message at screen and when i press scrl lock nothing happens. Preset doesn't apply. Below is log for dxgi.dll:

pastebin.com/vJHh6zWS

Any workaround ? Thanks.

• pritster5
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #6 by pritster5 Replied by pritster5 on topic Witcher 3 SweetFX Effects not showing
I'll try the tip to see if windowed mode will fix the problem. Il get back to you once I see if it works.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Witcher 3 SweetFX Effects not showing
Everything works fine according to the log (enable something drastic like the ASCII effect and you should see the change).

The toggle key is not working in Witcher for some reason. I would love to fix it, but I do not currently own the game.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BeTa

• BeTa
More
8 years 11 months ago #8 by BeTa Replied by BeTa on topic Witcher 3 SweetFX Effects not showing

crosire wrote: Everything works fine according to the log (enable something drastic like the ASCII effect and you should see the change).

The toggle key is not working in Witcher for some reason. I would love to fix it, but I do not currently own the game.

hey there,

i didnt wanted to make a new thread so i put it here, since its kinda related..
(reshade and sweetfx work fine, the effects are all there)

Problem: (Witcher 3)

The effect toggle key isnt working, but its no news. My problem is that i CANT take Screenshots at all..
its like the game blocks the signal from teh key going out of teh game.. dunno how to explain this. like witcher 3 is in an cage where nothing gets out, lol..
when i press teh print screen, nothing happens, not even the game stops for an milisecond, nothing..
same with Afterburner, fraps and what not..
cant toggle the OSD form afterburner, cant take screens, nothing works, i dont know what it is, but like i sayd, it feels like the key commands dont get captured by reshade, afterburner, etc..

i tried everything i can think of, run as admin, without, deaktivated antivirus/firewall, etc.. reinstalled everything from scratch, still nothing..

i guess its the game, but on teh other hand, how did you guys make screenshots fomr the game?!?!?!?

greetz

• BeTa
More
8 years 11 months ago #9 by BeTa Replied by BeTa on topic Witcher 3 SweetFX Effects not showing
:( really? no one want to take a look into this?
i can post logs or whatever is needed.. just please HELP me.. i wanna post my god damn preset and make a video of this god damn nice game...

• SpinelessJelly
More
8 years 11 months ago #10 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic Witcher 3 SweetFX Effects not showing
BeTa, did you see this post? reshade.me/forum/releases/487-0-18?start=72 Maybe it helps with screenshotting too. Anyway, it seems to be hit or miss, for some people it works, for some doesn't. For me screenshots work, toggling doesn't (win 7 64bit, GOG version of the game).

• BeTa
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #11 by BeTa Replied by BeTa on topic Witcher 3 SweetFX Effects not showing

SpinelessJelly wrote: BeTa, did you see this post? reshade.me/forum/releases/487-0-18?start=72 Maybe it helps with screenshotting too. Anyway, it seems to be hit or miss, for some people it works, for some doesn't. For me screenshots work, toggling doesn't (win 7 64bit, GOG version of the game).

hey,

jup, did try that just now..
it lets me toggle when steam overlay is on top. yay.
But, it still wont take screens. well, afterburner does now, but only when steam overlay is on TOP, so it made screens of teh steam overlay. wich is, well, not what u what want anyway..

i starting to hate this game, i made a preset and really like it, but cant post it since i cant make any screens or videos of it..

Witcher 3 dat golden cage, it is for me...

i never ever encountered such strange things with my pc..

edit: also GoG version....

heres an log file if anyone needs it..
pastebin.com/QjfZkE0T

i tried to use teh screenshot button, but it doesnt get listed in the log.. :/(

edit:
i tried it on a friends pc via teamview and there he can take screenshots, it even gets listed in his log..
i didnt really found anything that would help me, since im not someone who can understand teh log really..
so heres teh log of my friends PC..
pastebin.com/X18hT4rz

now, maybe someone can see a difference in these logs that would help to get this issue fixed.. :)

the only thing i see is that hes in borderless windowed mode and im in fullscreen, but it doesnt make a differnce for me, tested it ....
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by BeTa.

• Nirouv
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #12 by Nirouv Replied by Nirouv on topic Witcher 3 SweetFX Effects not showing

BeTa wrote:

SpinelessJelly wrote: BeTa, did you see this post? reshade.me/forum/releases/487-0-18?start=72 Maybe it helps with screenshotting too. Anyway, it seems to be hit or miss, for some people it works, for some doesn't. For me screenshots work, toggling doesn't (win 7 64bit, GOG version of the game).

hey,

jup, did try that just now..
it lets me toggle when steam overlay is on top. yay.
But, it still wont take screens. well, afterburner does now, but only when steam overlay is on TOP, so it made screens of teh steam overlay. wich is, well, not what u what want anyway..

i starting to hate this game, i made a preset and really like it, but cant post it since i cant make any screens or videos of it..

Witcher 3 dat golden cage, it is for me...

i never ever encountered such strange things with my pc..

edit: also GoG version....

heres an log file if anyone needs it..
pastebin.com/QjfZkE0T

i tried to use teh screenshot button, but it doesnt get listed in the log.. :/(

edit:
i tried it on a friends pc via teamview and there he can take screenshots, it even gets listed in his log..
i didnt really found anything that would help me, since im not someone who can understand teh log really..
so heres teh log of my friends PC..
pastebin.com/X18hT4rz

now, maybe someone can see a difference in these logs that would help to get this issue fixed.. :)

the only thing i see is that hes in borderless windowed mode and im in fullscreen, but it doesnt make a differnce for me, tested it ....

everytime i use the print screen for witcher 3 steam version screenshots are saved in steam directory maybe it's the same for gog version

edit: if it still didn't show in the directory try paste the image in paint or photoshop after you print screen and see if that'll work

Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Nirouv.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.