[SOLVED] The Witcher 3 - Fullscreen problem

• AquaManYeah
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #1 by AquaManYeah The Witcher 3 - Fullscreen problem was created by AquaManYeah
Hi :)

Just heard about the new 2.0 version of Sweet FX and the presets for TW3 that looks amazing, so I tried CineFX. I installed everything correctly I guess, when I launch the game the SweetFX page pops up but then nothing, it just stays like that, and I can't do anything but force-shut the game.

Then, I tried to launch it in windowed mode, and it works ! So my question is, since I obviously don't want to play in windowed mode, how can I get SweetFX 2.0 to work with TW3 in fullscreen ?

Thanks a lot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic The Witcher 3 - Fullscreen problem
Any external overlays, recording software or similar running (like Fraps)? If so, shut them down and try again. Fraps for instance has to be started "after" the game loaded up or it will cause trouble.

• AquaManYeah
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by AquaManYeah Replied by AquaManYeah on topic The Witcher 3 - Fullscreen problem
As far as I know, there's no such program running. I also tried after shutting down things like Nvidia control panel/Geforce Experience, etc, but no changes at all. :/

• BrandonHortman
More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic The Witcher 3 - Fullscreen problem
Run in borderless windowed.

Works fine on my machine with the Framework (which is GemFX,Sweet FX, and Master Effects all in one package) in fullscreen.

AMD 8370 cpu, crossfire 290x, and windows 7.

• AquaManYeah
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #5 by AquaManYeah Replied by AquaManYeah on topic The Witcher 3 - Fullscreen problem
Thanks for the tip, but I'm already doing it for now, and It's not answering my question.

The thing is that my laptop has a full HD screen, so if I want to play borderless I have to play on 1080p or it will not fit the screen. But 1080p is quite demanding and the game is not really fluid, so I took the habit playing TW3 in 900p.

Here's a screenshot to show you what it does when I'm playing on 1600*900p in borderless windowed and I'm switching to fullscreen. It just stays like that and I can't do anything ...
[IMG
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by AquaManYeah.

• AquaManYeah
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #6 by AquaManYeah Replied by AquaManYeah on topic The Witcher 3 - Fullscreen problem
Nevermind, changing dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll solved the problem.
Thanks for the help, and have a nice day !
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrandonHortman

• derrame
More
8 years 10 months ago #7 by derrame Replied by derrame on topic The Witcher 3 - Fullscreen problem
i have the same problem, changed dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll but it doesn't work

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.