Witcher 3 and ReShade 0.18.4 = occasional stutter

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #1 by MonarchX Witcher 3 and ReShade 0.18.4 = occasional stutter was created by MonarchX
Yup :( . I tested several times. I use the framework version with performance tweak (makes it faster than original ReShade SweetFX). All I had enabled was SMAA, FXAA, and LumaSharpen. Even if I left only SMAA enabled, the game framerate would decrease barely, but I would get semi-frequent stutters in Borderless Mode. Borderless Mode has a tendency to cause stutters on its own in some games, but in Witcher 3 it doesn't as long as ReShade SweetFX is not used. I didn't just set everything to 0 in SweetFX config to get rid of stutters, but I had to remove DXGI.dll, ReShade.FX, and ReShade folder to get back to smooth gameplay.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? Should I ask in Framework sub-section of the forum?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Wicked Sick
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #2 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Witcher 3 and ReShade 0.18.4 = occasional stutter
You mean something like this?

Or this?

And these?

I am always playing with reshade and before that I used the old builds fo SFX. So, I would not know how these games would behave without it, but I do get this frame drops.

I am not sure if it is because of ReShade or just my computer dying. But if you find a solution, please, post here...
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Wicked Sick.

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #3 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Witcher 3 and ReShade 0.18.4 = occasional stutter
I am not sure that is it. My framerate does not vary that much in any game, but in Witcher 3, I just occasional mini-stutter when the game just stops for a few milliseconds. I think it may be a dropped frame or something like that. It could be just due to Borderless Window mode...

• rhn94
More
8 years 10 months ago #4 by rhn94 Replied by rhn94 on topic Witcher 3 and ReShade 0.18.4 = occasional stutter
does it still do that without reshade installed? I do get occasional stutters but I thought because I was loading another part of the world in game

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.