[SOLVED] ReShade won't work with the latest ETS2 oculus build

• keem85
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #1 by keem85 ReShade won't work with the latest ETS2 oculus bui was created by keem85
The latest SDK from Oculus has done some tweaking with their "extended mode" so that the game it self renders from their SDK.. So when I fire up ReShade with ETS2, it's actually loading up, but it won't inject the game with post processing..

This is what ETS2 developer Komat said to me:
Warning: Spoiler!

Is there a way to get this to work?
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by keem85.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 10 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade won't work with the latest ETS2 oculus bui
From what I could gather from the Oculus SDK source, the Oculus compositor process probably renders with D3D11. So I'd follow Komat's advice. Install ReShade to that compositor executable instead of to the game (you probably find it along the rest of the Oculus installation).

• keem85
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #3 by keem85 Replied by keem85 on topic ReShade won't work with the latest ETS2 oculus bui
Thanks man :)! But is it possible to install ReShade to the .dll and tell ReShade that the .dll is an executable? I think it's a dll only..
By the way ETS2 is DX9 only, but does it still render with DX11 is that what you mean?

• crosire
More
8 years 10 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade won't work with the latest ETS2 oculus bui
forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?t=23372 : "The Oculus SDK 0.6 introduces the compositor, a separate process (or actually service) for applying distortion and displaying scenes and other major changes."
So there is an executable somewhere. That's the one to install ReShade to.

• keem85
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #5 by keem85 Replied by keem85 on topic ReShade won't work with the latest ETS2 oculus bui
It worked crosire! Amazed by the difference of using ReShade in the DK2!!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.