Reshade 4.9.1 with Flatout Ultimate Carnage - moments of stutering.

• Martinezz123
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #1 by Martinezz123 Reshade 4.9.1 with Flatout Ultimate Carnage - moments of stutering. was created by Martinezz123
So I've got quite a powerful PC with nvidia RTX 2060 AMD ryzen 9 and 32 GB Ram.
And Flatout is quite an old game.
But when I added some effects like:
HDR
GloomAO
Tracking Rays
Liquid Lens
Vibrance

The game started to behave starnge. It genereally runs smoothly but now and then it falls into stuttering. The number of frames drops to like 1-2 per sec and then after a while it comes back to a fluent performance.
I tried to inspect which effect is causing this so I turned off each of them one by one. but the stuttering remained in all the cases.
So, what may be the problem and how to get rid of it?

Here is what is turned on:

https://ibb.co/BqRM0Jb
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Martinezz123.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martinezz123
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #2 by Martinezz123 Replied by Martinezz123 on topic Reshade 4.9.1 with Flatout Ultimate Carnage - moments of stutering.
So even setting just the most basic effects like:
MXAO
Vibrance
HDR

result in stuttering desribed above. So there is evidently something in the mechanics of the reshade.
Anyone suspects what may it be?
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Martinezz123.

• Martinezz123
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #3 by Martinezz123 Replied by Martinezz123 on topic Reshade 4.9.1 with Flatout Ultimate Carnage - moments of stutering.
Anyone confirms these probles?

• lordbean
More
2 years 2 months ago #4 by lordbean Replied by lordbean on topic Reshade 4.9.1 with Flatout Ultimate Carnage - moments of stutering.
Frankly it just sounds like you have vertical sync enabled and the extra load on the system from the shaders is causing the game to occasionally shift between two V-Sync "snap points". Try turning it off and see if you still have a problem.

If screen tearing becomes an issue, try using RivaTuner Stats Server (included with MSI afterburner) to limit the framerate, using either "back edge sync" or "front edge sync".

• Martinezz123
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #5 by Martinezz123 Replied by Martinezz123 on topic Reshade 4.9.1 with Flatout Ultimate Carnage - moments of stutering.
No there is no vsync option.
What's strange I've copied the game folder to my stationary pc. Which has worse graphic card. And everything played smoothly.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.