ReShade not launching with No Man's Sky even with injector

• Spontaneite
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 4 days ago #1 by Spontaneite ReShade not launching with No Man's Sky even with injector was created by Spontaneite
Hey there. Looking for advice getting ReShade working with No Man's Sky.

I've used the installer, multiple times. It installs the textures/shaders files but not the DLLs, so I extracted those manually and added them to the Binaries folder. ReShade still did not launch. I installed the ENB Injector linked in the troubleshooting post, edited its INI to this:

I ran the injector, started No Man's Sky, and....still doesn't work. ReShade isn't launching at all. I've tried disabling every overlay I have - Steam, GeForce Experience, etc. Nothing is helping.

My NMS binaries folder looks like this at the moment:

The Filmic ReShade ini is for the preset I'm trying to use, but if ReShade isn't launching at all I really don't know what to do except ask for help here.

I've used ENB before pretty extensively with Skyrim, so setting up this kind of plugin isn't new to me. But I don't understand why it's not launching even with the injector. Does anyone have any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tojkar
More
2 years 4 days ago #2 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic ReShade not launching with No Man's Sky even with injector
You're trying to inject 32 bit library to 64 bit game. That never occurred to you?

• Spontaneite
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 4 days ago #3 by Spontaneite Replied by Spontaneite on topic ReShade not launching with No Man's Sky even with injector
The post said the injector works for 32 bit dll only, so I tried it with that and didn't bother attempting to tell it to load the ReShade64.dll library. What else was I supposed to do, if ReShade isn't running on its own like it ought to, and the injector is 32 bit only? I thought I'd go through everything mentioned in the Common Issues pin before trying this, so that I wouldn't be one of those people who makes a post without trying the basic stuff first.

If you have suggestions for me that might do some good, I'm all ears.

• Tojkar
More
2 years 4 days ago #4 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic ReShade not launching with No Man's Sky even with injector
Just tested myself and Reshade works just fine. I used 4.9.x. Did not test the latest version, but it is supposed to work even better with Vulcan.

• Spontaneite
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 3 days ago #5 by Spontaneite Replied by Spontaneite on topic ReShade not launching with No Man's Sky even with injector
I am aware that ReShade works with No Man's Sky for some people, such as yourself, and that it's supposed to work with No Man's Sky in general. What I'm looking for is advice getting mine, specifically, to work, because it currently isn't. Do you have any advice? Things to try? Things that aren't in the Common Issues thread?

• Tojkar
More
2 years 3 days ago #6 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic ReShade not launching with No Man's Sky even with injector
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spontaneite

• Spontaneite
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 3 days ago #7 by Spontaneite Replied by Spontaneite on topic ReShade not launching with No Man's Sky even with injector
Tried a few things in that linked thread and finally had success with the registry edit - ReShade is now launched and working in my game. Thanks!

• Method44
More
1 year 11 months ago #8 by Method44 Replied by Method44 on topic ReShade not launching with No Man's Sky even with injector
So did you have to find and copy the.json files to game dir or just do a normal vulkan reshade install and then to the REG edit? Was just kind of confused on the .json file step because I didn't see any .json files installed when I installed reshade, just the typical files minus the d3d11 or dxgi DLLs(since this is vulkan).

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.