Framedrop issue [Solved]

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1 by Solano Framedrop issue [Solved] was created by Solano
Hi guys -
I just noticed some odd behavior by ReShade.
I use the Version 0.19.

Here´s what happens.

I use custom color palettes, luma sharpen and ambient light.
Bound all three effects to some F-Keys and ReShade itself is also still able to toggle with Scoll Lock Key.

Now when I use Scroll lock to turn off reshade I get 7 FPS more in GTA V ingame and my effects (custom color palettes, luma sharpen and ambient light) are still working! I can toggle them with the F-Keys like I bound...

When I do this in the GTA Menu I drop from 89 FPS to 69 FPS.

The Data are provided by the reshade fps counter.

I experienced this with my GTA V preset SH8 .
Any Idea what this is?

My GPU is a GTX 580. And I play on average settings I would guess.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Solano.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Framedrop issue
ReShade sometimes slows down in GTAV's menus: It seems to be some driver optimization for the game acting weird.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by crosire.

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #3 by Solano Replied by Solano on topic Framedrop issue
I think you got me wrong. In the menu i lose even 20 Fps although my effects stay enabled by pressing scroll lock because I rebound them. But the menu is not important.
Same behaviour happens ingame. I "win" 7 to 10 fps when using scroll lock to disable reshade as its the key for it by default. But since I rebound the three mentioned effects to separate F-Keys, Scroll Lock doesn't toggle anything but I get or lose 10 fps.
How can that be?

Oh and if you mean by driver optimisation these nvidia experience auto settings feature thing - i dont use that.

Hope I could be more precise.
Regards

EDIT
I tried to disable the
#define RFX_LogDepth 0 //[0:1] //-Needed to retrieve values from logarithmic depth buffer (e.g. in GTA V)
since I don´t use or need depth information - It didn´t had any impact on the weird FPS drop
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Solano.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #4 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Framedrop issue
Binding toggles to other than the default key means that they are not toggled by the default key anymore.
With scroll-lock you then toggled some other shader than the ones for which you changed the toggle key, which would explain the fps increase.

Can you maybe post a link to your configuration files?

I suspect it is the adaptation shader which is always toggled with scroll-lock/default key (cause used for not only one shader). You basically deactivate/invalidate that feature for the ambient light shader.

Try disabling the adaptation feature (AL_Adaptation) of ambient light and see if the fps still change with scroll-lock.

If you think it makes more sense, I can bind the toggle to the ambient light key instead. (but HeatHaze and Bloom shader also use that feature if activated)
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Ganossa.

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #5 by Solano Replied by Solano on topic Framedrop issue
Hi LuciferHawk,

just saw your post.
All in all I use 3 things with ReSHade 0.19 and my SH8 Preset.
  • Luma Sharpen [Bound to F10]
  • Ambient Light [Bound to F11]
  • Tuning Palette (LUT) [Bound to F12]
Here is the link to the preset: sh8.videopilot.link/gta-v/#download

And there are no other shaders/effects activated by myself than these I mentioned.
Are there any others activated by default which I´ve maybe overseen and are useless with my setup maybe?

Regards

• Ganossa
More
8 years 9 months ago #6 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Framedrop issue
Yes, your adaptation shader is turned on together with ambient light but toggled with scroll-lock :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Solano

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #7 by Solano Replied by Solano on topic Framedrop issue
So the adaption of the Ambient Light is the factor of my FPS issue?
can I rebind that too?

• Ganossa
More
8 years 9 months ago #8 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Framedrop issue
No, it is a util shader cause being needed by other shader but I can add that option to GemFX, either a separate toggle key or the ambient light toggle key.

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #9 by Solano Replied by Solano on topic Framedrop issue
If you mean by add a option gemFX to toggle this util shader (which seems not necessary for the effects I use - do I get you right there?) then I would really appreciate that of course.
I just saw that I also used AL_HQAdapt which seems to use more FPS when enabled - so that´s part of the source which in addition with the adaption itself (bound to Scroll Lock) did the drop for me.

No, it is a util shader cause being needed by other shader but I can add that option to GemFX

Which option do you mean?

Regards

• Ganossa
More
8 years 9 months ago #10 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Framedrop issue
Currently the default ReShade key is set for the adaptation shader.

Option A: the adaptation shader gets his own key
Option B: the adaptation shader gets the same key as the ambient light shader

Side Note: I think AL_HQAdapt is not needed cause the normal algorithm seems accurate enough and the additional impact is not worth the gain. Its just there if you maybe want to be double as accurate for screenshots (when you do not care about fps).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Solano

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #11 by Solano Replied by Solano on topic Framedrop issue
Thanks for clearing this up!
Jeah I updated my preset now to no AL_HQAdapt cause I didn´t saw much difference ingame and like you said the trade off isn´t really given.
For me now - since we found the source of FPS heavy elements I don´t think from my point of view that you need to tweak this but if you want to I would chose option A just to have more control.
Thanks for your help!

This thing is solved I guess :)
Thought a found a global reshade bug but it was just a weird coincidence with my binds.

Regards

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.